cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Protect

ianshere

Plusnet Protect

Just to let you all know. Plusnet Protect will not install.  I heard yesterday that there are problems but as a very new member of Plusnet I could not find any information about the problem on the forum.  After ringing the help line I was told it is being sorted out but will not be available until sometime next week.

7 REPLIES 7
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Plusnet Protect

There are plenty of other free AV security software about ,, as mr Google Smiley

Plusnt protect is not one of the better ones Lips_are_sealed

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
ianshere

Hi Rongtw,

I currently use Comodo free firewall and Avast free antivirus.  However the McAfee internet security although free with Plusnet it is the full blown paid version.  My thoughts were give ita try.  I am surprised you say there are better free AV out there. McAfee is internet security not a free AV.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

and its results are fairly horrible compared to almost every other option

http://www.av-comparatives.org/dynamic-tests/

https://www.av-test.org/en/antivirus/home-windows/

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

As Jim says PN protect is bad Macafee ,,,,,,,,,,  Ok yes its full version But they giving it away for FREE !! Cheesy

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 7

@ianshere

I think that you do better with your present setup, rather than adopting the PlusNet McAfee product.

However, if you do want to try it then you will need to completely remove your present Avast (and probably the Comodo firewall as well, I don't use the package) before the new product will function properly. By completely remove, I mean running the Avast clean-up product after deleting through the Control panel. And, if you do install and want to go back to Avast, then you will need to run a complete uninstall using the McAfee clean-up tool.

ianshere

Yes,  I will keep my existing setup which I have had for several years.  Thanks for your feedback.

ianshere

ianshere

Hi,

Not sure if my post will reach all who responded to this topic, as you can see I am Newbie,  but many thanks to you all for your responses.