cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Premium upgrade

deekay
Grafter

Plusnet Premium upgrade

I will try to keep this polite, and not turn it into a rant!
Having read how good the new PLUSNET products were, I decided to change from my exising BBYW2 to PLUSNET PREMIUM. So, using the Member Centre 'product change' wizard, I applied to be upgraded.
Six days later, not having received a response from Plusnet, telling me if they had accepted my application, I raised a ticket. In it, I asked about the application and also asked two supplimentary questions regarding the change. I received a reply telling me that I was being upgraded (no apology for not having informed me) and answering one of the supplimentary questions. I am still waiting for a reply to my other question!
However, in the reply to my ticket, I was informed that I would be subject to some new rules and regulations as I was using a new product. These reguations are horrendous! There are so many of them and I cannot understand quite a lot of them. I realise that my power of comprehension is not as good as it was when I was young (I am almost 79), but really!!
Others appear to be a bit ambiuous. For example, they say that the new product is "for personal use". Like most other Plusnet users, I mainly use the computer, but my wife often goes on-line with it to browse the internet or send an email. Does this regulation mean that only I can go on-line? Will I have to tell me wife that she can't, and she will have to dictate any emails to me and I will have to type and send them? Will she have to tell me what she wants to look at on the internet and I will have to do the operating? Perhaps my doing it on her behalf isn't classed as "personal use".
Another thing. I cannot find if I can continue paying using my credit card with Plusnet taking the month's payment from it, as I have always done, or if I will have to pay by other means. I only hope that, when the first payment for the new product becomes due, I don't find that my account has been cancelled because I haven't changed how I pay.
The new regulations are written in such legal jargon and I'm not a lawyer!
When I used the wizard,I cannot remember anything about having to comply with a new set of regulations. Sorry if I missed it. So, if I hadn't raised the ticket, I would have known nothing about them and may have inadvertantly breached them. Ignorance of the regulations is no defence in law!! Even now, with so many I don't really understand, I don't feel safe.
I do feel that the writing of these rules should be looked into and clarified. I also feel that it should be made VERY clear to anyone changing that they are signing up to very many draconian regulations.
So now I am stuck with a new product, for a minimum of 12 months, the regulations of which I am very unclear. I hate to say this, but in my opinion, it is so secrative and underhand - totally unlike Plusnet has been in the past.
I have been with Force9 for about 14 years and, for the first time, I am very displeased with them. I have even thought of paying the cancellation fee and changing ISP.
Sorry to air my grevancies on the forum, but, at the moment I am a very unhappy customer!
Perhaps someone can enlighten me and explain things?
Cheers
Keith
5 REPLIES 5
tihson
Grafter

Re: Plusnet Premium upgrade

Hi from one old fogy to another, having been disapointed with my basic £5.99 package i looked at premium and pro
Strange that premium at £15.99 has 80 gb usage & yet Pro at £19.99 is only 20 gb
There is a link to the new terms and conditions, and having read it i decided to change isp
Had i known when i moved to plusnet that they were previously force9 i would not have even tried them
I have been with plunet since end of september, and had nothing but trouble , that bit of wording about personal use PROBABLY in law means NOT BUSINESS, and i am sure for your purposes will not be an issue, as husband and wife legally you are both personally using  (ie what is yours is hers, and vise verses )
Good luck,
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Six days later, not having received a response from Plusnet, telling me if they had accepted my application, I raised a ticket. In it, I asked about the application and also asked two supplimentary questions regarding the change. I received a reply telling me that I was being upgraded (no apology for not having informed me) and answering one of the supplimentary questions. I am still waiting for a reply to my other question!

Sorry about that, I've now replied to the unanswered question.
Others appear to be a bit ambiuous. For example, they say that the new product is "for personal use". Like most other Plusnet users, I mainly use the computer, but my wife often goes on-line with it to browse the internet or send an email. Does this regulation mean that only I can go on-line?

This is meant to define between business and residential products, sorry if this is ambiguous. I'll flag the wording internally to see if anything can be changed.
Another thing. I cannot find if I can continue paying using my credit card with Plusnet taking the month's payment from it, as I have always done, or if I will have to pay by other means. I only hope that, when the first payment for the new product becomes due, I don't find that my account has been cancelled because I haven't changed how I pay.

As long as you're not using a Maestro card, you shouldn't need to make any changes. We still accept Visa and Mastercard for continuing payments.
When I used the wizard,I cannot remember anything about having to comply with a new set of regulations. Sorry if I missed it. So, if I hadn't raised the ticket, I would have known nothing about them and may have inadvertantly breached them. Ignorance of the regulations is no defence in law!! Even now, with so many I don't really understand, I don't feel safe.

Sorry to hear that, if there are any of the other terms and conditions you need clarifying please let me know.
I do feel that the writing of these rules should be looked into and clarified. I also feel that it should be made VERY clear to anyone changing that they are signing up to very many draconian regulations.

As per a previous reply, I'll raise your points about the wording of them internally.

If you have any questions myself, or anyone else on the team can help with please let us know.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
deekay
Grafter

Hello Chris.
Many thanks for your reply to my ticket. I will now close it as satisfactorily answered.
Thanks also for your reply to my forum posting. You have cleared up my queries on this too.
I'll continue wading through the regulations and, hopefully, start understanding more of them!
Sorry if I came over as a "grumpy old fogey". I do try not to be one. We've just had a family bereavement, which hasn't helped.
Cheers
Keith.
deekay
Grafter

Hello tihson.
Sorry to hear that you have had a lot of trouble with Plusnet (Force9). I have been with Force9 for about 14 years and have had very few problems. When I have had a problem, they have sorted it quite quickly and satisfactorily.
I'm classifying this as a 'hiccup' which, thanks to Chris is sorted.
I will be staying with them.
Cheers
Keith. 
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: tihson
Hi from one old fogy to another, having been disapointed with my basic £5.99 package i looked at premium and pro
Strange that premium at £15.99 has 80 gb usage & yet Pro at £19.99 is only 20 gb

That's due to the traffic management on the two accounts. See here and here for a comparison.
There is a link to the new terms and conditions, and having read it i decided to change isp

AFAIK the T's & C's for Value, Premium and Pro are the same Huh
I have been with plunet since end of september, and had nothing but trouble

I've just replied to your post here.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵