cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet/Openreach Appointment Incompetence

hillyfields123
Grafter

Plusnet/Openreach Appointment Incompetence

Had an engineer appointment (FTTC Install) booked for 15/9 PM. Engineer didn't turn up and according to Plusnet "attempted to gain access at 1700". This is complete rubbish as there was no sign of any Openreach van at that time nor was the doorbell rung. Now I have to wait 9 days before I can have another appointment.It seems both Plusnet and Openreach are equally useless at being 'communications' companies and their communication was far from good!
22 REPLIES 22
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Plusnet/Openreach Appointment Incompetence

You might want to post this again in the Your Feedback section for greater visibility.  Wink
These failings (and occasional downright lies) are sadly well-known to the regulars here.
Dhaos
Grafter

If your engineer was anything like my engineer then he probably couldn't be bothered doing his last job. I had fibre installed 18 months or so ago and my engineer said he had another job after me but he wasnt doing it as it was 15 miles away in the wrong direction and it would cost him more in fuel than the job was worth. You would of probably got a subcontractor and not a OR engineer who get paid per job and not per hour.
hillyfields123
Grafter

Thanks HPsauce, looking like a copy & paste jobbie.
Very possibly Dhaos, but it's so annoying that Openreach seem to be able to get away with stuff like this on (what must be) a daily basis! Arghhh hopefully the next one should be prepared to do some work!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

Hi HIllyfields123,
Welcome to PlusNet and to the forums.  Sorry to hear of your poor experience at the hands of BT Openreach (BTOR) or their subcontractors.  Sadly no shows and claimed no access visits are legion.  I am sure that CRT will pick this up soon, possibly with the option of seeing if an expedited install can be arranged.

@HPSauce,
Might I suggest that rather than reposting, the mods are asked to move the thread in such circumstances?  I have "reported" the thread and asked for it to be moved.

Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Dhaos
Grafter

just a after thought my engineer rang me 30 mins before he was coming round to make sure i was in. They not post anything through the letterbox? surely if they "was on site" they would of done this to cover their backs.
HPsauce
Pro

Quote from: Townman
@HPSauce,
Might I suggest that rather than reposting, the mods are asked to move the thread in such circumstances? 
Looks like it's been done one way or another.  Wink Cool
Personally I'd expect (or at least hope for) when reposting in another section a rewording to make it more pertinent to that section.
hillyfields123
Grafter

Thanks Townman. They might also want to delete the duplicate post then as well...
Well, this appointment on the 25th September allegedly is 'expedited'. I'm glad that I didn't take the day off work now to wait for him!
CRT = ?
Paul
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

Hi Paul,
Yes this space is filled with TLAs (three letter abbreviations)!
CRT = Customer Relations Team (PlusNet forum support staff)
DCT = Digital Care Team (old name for CRT)

Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

hillyfields123
Grafter

Quote from: HPsauce
Quote from: Townman
@HPSauce,
Might I suggest that rather than reposting, the mods are asked to move the thread in such circumstances? 
Looks like it's been done one way or another.  Wink Cool
Personally I'd expect (or at least hope for) when reposting in another section a rewording to make it more pertinent to that section.

Whoops.. Ahh well it's probably easier to delete that one now and leave this one where it is.
Thanks Kevin, I'm sure I'll catch up with the rest of them in due course!
Paul
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Done
HPsauce
Pro

Well done that man.  Grin
hillyfields123
Grafter

Yep, thanks Jim!
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there Paul,
I'm very sorry to hear the engineer didn't show up as planned! Sad
I've had a look at the order and can confirm that the appointment on 25/09/2014 between 1PM and 6PM has been accepted by BT Openreach. If you are available for any other time slots before this date please PM me with your availability and I'll do my best to see if it can be brought forward to one of these, there aren't any guarantees as it completely depends on engineer availability but it's worth giving it a try Smiley
hillyfields123
Grafter

Hey Linn,
Monday 22nd and Tuesday 23rd September PM slots would be okay as long as the engineer turns up after 3:30PM - I'll leave a note on the door confirming this.
Paul