cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Did Not Turn Up as promised

Digi1

Plusnet Did Not Turn Up as promised

I have been using Plusnet for several years, even though backed by BT owning them in any case.  Their service was good and I'd used their support and fixed it quickly
However, I moved from ADSL to Fibre, and shocking service.  They booked in BT and then checked that they were still going to turn up, was confirmed.  Yet later in the day around 5.55pm informed that BT had told them they could not provide the service days before, just they had not told me
I'd employed an engineer to configure my computer due to fixed IP's etc - he waited for BT to arrive, cost me £195 for his time, which as Plusnet could not be bothered to inform is now wasted, as they will not compensate even though they admit is was totrally their fault in not informing me
As Plusnet are owned basically by BT, very bad to blame the "supplier" which is just another part of the same firm!
Give compensation and claim from teh other part of teh Company if a no show and when they know anyway in advance it is unforgivable
Moving to a new provider, any suggestions?
TT are as bad, used them before (Before they bought out Nildram, Nildram were great).  BT masive, and lack help. 
4 REPLIES 4
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Plusnet Did Not Turn Up as promised

Plusnet will lie and tell you you can't have compensation. Read http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
gofaster
Rising Star

@Jelv - have you heard of anyone who has successfully claimed?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

No - but then I've never heard of anyone whose claim has been unsuccessful either! My suspicion is Plusnet reach an agreement and part of that is to keep quiet.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Just to add a little balance..
Plusnet Openreach Did Not Turn Up as promised
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine