cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Customer Service

sixtiesblue
Dabbler

Plusnet Customer Service

In my area the max broadband speed is 3mb. I was achieving 2.5 until Bristol Water chopped through the cable. The repair was bodged by BT and I was connected to a wrong number whilst some other residents had no connection for days.
I was reconnected to my correct number by swapping the lines at the pole when the damage occurred underground. Since then my speeds are rubbish – as low as 0.4 and as high as 1.15mb. All the residents are complaining of low speeds including other Plusnet customers.
I contacted Plusnet as you cannot contact BT’s Open Reach (the untouchables) who did everything to avoid upsetting their paymasters. This went on for weeks until Plusnet ran out of excuses. When the engineer arrived he messed about for the allotted 2 hours until he was told to leave. He refused to change anything and claimed a speed of 4.4 on a line that is only capable of 3mb maximum. I proved my internal wiring was not at fault by connecting the router to the master socket and achieving the same results.
The report back to Plusnet blamed my wiring – a blatant lie. So I paid an independent engineer to prove the efficacy of my internal wiring. My router now is permanently connected to the master socket with low speeds and Plusnet now are also in denial. A-licking their bosses BT.
I am locked into a contract which means Plusnet can treat me like shit. A cynical ploy as any contract beyond 12 months is considered suspect.
10 REPLIES 10
James
Grafter

Re: Plusnet Customer Service

Hi,
I'm sorry to hear that you have had problems with your broadband speeds.
I can see that you're currently syncing at 1536Kbps, which is below your fault threshold rate of 2278Kbps.
Can you confirm that you are currently connected to the test socket behind the master socket?  I can see that the previous engineer confirmed that they were able to gain sync speeds of 4Mbps, which I'd expect you to also see?
sixtiesblue
Dabbler

Whatever you say I am syncing at does not improve the speed of 1mb or less.
Yes I am connected to the master socket.
We just go round in circles with Plusnet like BT in denial.
When I collect enough local signatures I shall then be able to present a group complaint
of ridiculously low service to Ofcom. Then BT will have to listen or be fined.
I see you helped yourself to my bank account today - wasted money for a rubbish service.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

While you say you are connected to the master socket - you need to confirm that you are connected to the test socket behind the lower removable part of the master socket
James
Grafter

Hi,
Thanks for your time on the phone just now.
As I said, I felt you might have taken what I'd said earlier out of context.
I'll reraise your fault now and I'll let you know as soon as I have further information.
sixtiesblue
Dabbler

Hi James
Thank you for taking the time to talk to me and for sending me the i-plate.
I appreciate now that you understand my frustrations with Plusnet and especially BT Open Reach.
I fitted the i-plate this morning and have taken 2 speed tests. 1 @ 1.14 and 2 @ 1.15, which is more or less half the 2.5 regular speed
achieved before the underground cable was cut through.
Therefore no improvement on a stable connection since Open Reach engineer visit.
I attempted to call this afternoon but the call waiting time was too long, hence the update here.
Also I have requested that my 3 immediate neighbours who are contracted to you to carry out speedtests and report back to Plusnet.
My next door neighbour who is with BT Total Broadband is suffering half my download speed despite an engineer visit just before mine.
I will now await your representations to Open Reach and hopefully corrective work will be undertaken for our street.
Regards Julian Orbell
Santiago
Grafter

As an aside, I was wondering what the collective name was for four immediate nieghbours all with Plusnet Broadband Smiley
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

referrals  Grin
sixtiesblue
Dabbler

I have left 3 messages re my deteriorating broadband speed and not 1 reply.
I do not appreciate being ignored - that is NOT customer service.
You admitted that there is a problem, but problems do not disappear by ignoring them
or perhaps it is your way of dealing with them.
When you are in the wrong - DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mark
Grafter

Hi there.
I'm really sorry to hear that this is taking so long to resolve. I've flagged the thread to James for his attention and I'll follow up progress when I get in tomorrow.
Mark
James
Grafter

Hi Julian,
Many apologies for the delays in getting back to you.
I've replied to your ticket - there may be something that we can do to improve your speeds.