Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Complaints by Ticket

FIXED
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Plusnet Complaints by Ticket

Have Plusnet now intentionally removed the option to raise a ticket to complain about broadband services etc? If you follow

Complaints Code of Practice > How to complain about our broadband etc > On line ticket 

there is no link in that paragraph to actually raise a ticket - "online ticket" is in bold but not highlighted as a working link.

There was such an option not so long ago as I had to resort to it having had no luck pursuing a long-standing billing issue via these forums or phone or PM to CS staff previously dealing. My complaint ticket was picked up within a few days and things are currently being addressed. If this option has now been abandoned by Plusnet it is another big nail in their customer services efficacy. If not, then they need to fix that link... or rather actually provide one.

9 REPLIES 9
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Plusnet Complaints by Ticket

Hey there @jgb,

Thanks for getting in touch in regards to this, I'm not aware of any changes that have been made about the help assistant there but I've flagged this for you. 

Thanks. 

jgb
Champion

@Mads 

Hopefully it will be reinstated.

But now I find that I cannot log into my account dashboard at all - just a whirling timer. There are other reports on these forums that the Help Assistant link has disappeared from the Manage My Account page. What is going on?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

As an update, we believe we've fixed the problem and we're in the process of rolling out the fix asap.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 8

@Gandalf 

Hmm.. Not my thread (apologises for joining in) but I still don't see a link in complaints to create a ticket..

Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

From what I can see the link to raise a complaint ticket seems to be restored as there’s now a hyperlink behind the word online ticket from here: https://www.plus.net/help/legal/complaints-code-of-practice/#how-to-complain-about-our-broadband-hom...

jgb
Champion

Fix

@BrightonRock 

Yes the link has been restored - it is, as it was before it was removed by Plusnet in whatever site upgrade they were doing, the red text "online ticket" in the Online Ticket option:

Complaints Code of Practice > How to Complain about our broadband..... 

It reappeared a couple of days ago or so. I acknowledged its reapprearance in another thread where @Gandalf  had said it would be restored.

BrightonRock
Pro

@jgb 

@Thrall 

Thank you both.

Interesting. I don't see the hyperlink in my working configurations of Firefox 83.0 (my default browser), Opera, or Chrome but it is there in Edge.

Playing with settings in Opera and turning off their "block trackers" finds the hyperlink;  I haven't persuaded Firefox or Chrome to show it although I can't claim to have tried everything.

I don't want to get into a debate about which browser or which settings. Only to make the point that the PlusNet website is a bit more sensitive to both than we may have thought.

jgb
Champion

@BrightonRock 

That is odd as I am using Chrome version 87.0.4280.66 (64 bit)

BrightonRock
Pro

@jgb 

Yes, I'm using that version of Chrome as well. You persuaded me to try and isolate the difference.

Do you have "Avast Online Security" enabled in your Chrome? I turned that off and there is the link in my Chrome!

This is where it gets strange. That extension is on in my Edge which sees the hyperlink all the time. And Opera which sees the hyperlink if the tracker option is turned off but Avast is on. No, I don't know why I'm seeing this effect.

We knew that there were bits of the website that were sensitive to configurations - the former chat system comes to mind - and it seems here is another one as well. Let's leave it there for the purposes of this thread..