cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Complaints Code of Practice

rbel
Grafter

Plusnet Complaints Code of Practice

Having been invited to comment on Plusnet's handling of FTTC problems I sent a letter to James Bailey, the Complaints Manager, which he has not replied to or acknowledged although the ten working days response time set out in the 'Plusnet Complaints Code of Practice' has elapsed. 
Any idea who I should now contact? There does seem to be a reluctance for Plusnet management to contact their customers in the event of problems, which does seem more than a bit iffy for an organisation that so frequently trumpets its customer care.
48 REPLIES 48
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Plusnet Complaints Code of Practice

Unfortunately it is unlikely that James will see this before Monday
However I expect it will be picked up then and responded to
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

Hi,
When I complained I used the online process, I had a response within the five working days quoted.
Go to http://help.plus.net/(you'll need your account username and password) and select 'Customer Services' then 'Making a Complaint'. This means that you will be able to raise your complaint quickly and directly to our Complaints Team.

Hopefully this link will take you to the correct location to raise a complaint. https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?p=wizard&page=22909&wizard_id=38
Hope this helps
Dan.
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

As I've mentioned elsewhere Ofcom offer advice on their website for when the normal complaints procedure fails.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
rbel
Grafter

Many thanks for the responses.
Oldjim - Strange given the number of support problems evident during the past few months that there is not someone from complaints available at weekends.
Dandroid - The online support pages have been indicating "Our Support Team have replied to your question", for some time, which is certainly not the case and the Help Assistant seems to accept that a complaint was received ten working days ago.  Once a letter has been received by Plusnet and scanned into their system I cannot fathom why it should take any longer than an issue raised using the online system which apparently has a five day deadline - most odd.
AlaricAdair - I will be referring the saga to Ofcom/CISAS unless Plusnet get their act together very soon and it has been suggested elsewhere that I should ensure that those organisations which have given awards or recommendations to Plusnet are made aware of the evident drop in customer support standards.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: rbel
Oldjim - Strange given the number of support problems evident during the past few months that there is not someone from complaints available at weekends.
There may well be but not active on these Forums and I doubt that the Manager (James) works shifts normally
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've just had a look at your account and can see the letter you sent us has been received and we've replied by letter to you, this was sent yesterday so should arrive soon.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
rbel
Grafter

Chris - many thanks for checking.  It does seem that taking so long to respond to a complaint is symptomatic of Plusnet's current indifferent customer care standards, which is a shame when one considers past performance.
James
Grafter

Quote from: rbel
Having been invited to comment on Plusnet's handling of FTTC problems I sent a letter to James Bailey, the Complaints Manager, which he has not replied to or acknowledged although the ten working days response time set out in the 'Plusnet Complaints Code of Practice' has elapsed. 

@rbel - I replied to your letter last Friday.  I am a little surprised if you have not yet received it?
rbel
Grafter

@James
@rbel - I replied to your letter last Friday.  I am a little surprised if you have not yet received it?

The letter in question, signed by you, was dated Monday 27 January not, as you indicate above, the previous Friday.  It arrived with me on 29 January. 
The online records show that prior to you posting your above comment on the forum, Plusnet had received my response to the 27 January letter (both via snail mail and online).
My response expressed surprise that your letter was based on an incorrect assumption which you would have been aware of if you had actually looked at the Plusnet Assistant notes relating to my FTTC problems.
Forgive me if I seem a bit hacked off, but these very basic errors, piled on top of 21 weeks failure by Plusnet and BTW/Openreach to get a grip of the problem are beginning to annoy me a little.
I have given up on the plea for anything approaching the estimated FTTC speeds and am just seeking a return to the 16 Mbps I received during October/November last year.  Please, please commit Plusnet to rectifying this problem - as one of your colleagues has stated, a 12 Mbps download speed is just not acceptable.

paulwalker6789
Dabbler

I promised myself I would not post here again. Ah welll! One of the issues I have with the PN comllaints policy is that if your issue is with the way the complaint has been handled by James' department there is no way of escalating further, apart from recourse to CISAS. I will not go on about my own complaint. I do not think this is the place to do so. Suffice it to say that if my experience is anything to go by the way compalaints are processed needs an urgent review.
rbel
Grafter

@paulwalker
Are you saying that there is not an appeal process within Plusnet, that there is nobody at senior management level who is able review the handling of a complaint? 
paulwalker6789
Dabbler

Exactly. Crazy tho it may seem the last word is the complaints manager. Details are here
http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/complaints_code_of_practice.shtml
James
Grafter

@Rbel
Apologies - I got my days mixed up.
Unfortunately we have reached deadlock with Openreach for your line and there is nothing further we can do.  And we *really* have tried as I would hope that you would appreciate given the number of visits that you have had.  This has also been escalated to an extremely senior level with Openreach.
I'm very sorry that we're not able to improve the situation further.
On the note of the code of practice, I deal with a small number of cases where the customer is not happy with how the complaint has been handled. In some occasions, this has already been escalated 4 times.  I do of course have a manager, but she generally doesn't get involved in the handling of individual cases and the code of practice allows you to raise your complaint further with CISAS if you are not happy with how Plusnet have handled your case.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Has he been provided with a deadlock letter?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)