Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Advertising

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Plusnet Advertising

They will be looking for loopholes in the minutiae of the regulations. Which they will find given time. And the whole game starts again.

There is no way any regulator is going to block all the holes in regulations or they would be out of work too. Cheesy

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

The Marketing dept , will never use TRUTH , truth dont sell

Unless you are selling whittled spoons Funny

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

@w23 wrote:

For pensioners (and others) on low income there's always BT Basic which you can even have with Broadband

I never knew they did basic broadband as well.

I'll have to have a serious look at that. Especially now that plusnet has raised the price of my broadband by 67% and told me no contract offers. It would more than half my broadband bill. The 10GB limit would be a struggle though.

I know I can still pay less than plusnet whatever.

But for those paying normal line rental there isn't really much competition on pricing.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Not sure how the promotions luvvies [oops - sorry] "Marketing Exectutives" will cope (or justify their high-salary existence) if they simply have to tell the plain, unadorned truth and be totally open about the real pricing of the product they're selling.

Ermmm, we've already changed it on some parts of our business site: https://www.plus.net/business/

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

@MattyC, that's a really good start, good to see Plusnet taking a lead.  I do hope, however, it's not leading towards Plusnet joining the ranks of providors only offering 'complete packages', please don't drop the stand-alone broadband.

Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hopefully this move for clearer pricing in advertisements will encourage Plusnet to harmonize their draconian two-tier 'Market' pricing to a single easily understandable monthly cost (as most other ISPs already do),  rather than continuing the current punitive pricing for those of us who have the misfortune of being connected to a "HIGH-COST area" 'Market-A' exchange !.

Angry

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

And maybe they will now do a realistic broadband only price.

Something fat and pink just flew past my window.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Anonymous wrote:

Hopefully this move for clearer pricing in advertisements will encourage Plusnet to harmonize their draconian two-tier 'Market' pricing to a single easily understandable monthly cost (as most other ISPs already do),  rather than continuing the current punitive pricing for those of us who have the misfortune of being connected to a "HIGH-COST area" 'Market-A' exchange !.

Angry

The two-tier market pricing is an Ofcom construct, not PlusNet's.  Further I believe it is the case that PlusNet's suppliers have a two-tier wholesale pricing model too.

Can you be sure that those ISPs who do not have two tier pricing (e.g. The LLU boys) actually operate in the "high cost" areas?  Might it also be the case that PlusNET is one of only a few ISPs who pass on the lower wholesale prices (discounts) for Market B to customers?

I suggest it is more likely that single tier pricing ISPs are ripping off the Market B customers than them accepting a loss on selling service to Market A customers.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

wisty
Pro
Fixes: 8

@Townman wrote:

The two-tier market pricing is an Ofcom construct, not PlusNet's.  Further I believe it is the case that PlusNet's suppliers have a two-tier wholesale pricing model too.

Not as far as I can see at least for Fibre. Openreach did have dual tier pricing for several years, but as far as I can see it no longer exists in their published price lists.

You may be correct that ISP's can negotiate lower wholesale prices in non-market 1 exchanges and PlusNet may have done so, but given that the cost of bringing FTTC to my (market 1) exchange area was met by me (and all you other lovely taxpayers - thanks) I would be somewhat surprised if Openreach could justify charging extra for its provision.