Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet 8/10, BT 10/10

Stoker
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Plusnet 8/10, BT 10/10

With so many negative comments on support I thought our recent experience might be worth mentioning to restore some balance.
Our FTTC connection dropped on Thursday. I saw (via my phone) that there were general network problems that day, but we weren't back by Friday morning so I logged the fault online.
I chased up by phone three times Saturday, Sunday and Monday after promised deadlines for action expired - each time I was speaking to a human within a minute in spite of the recorded message warning of long queues. It was frustrating that the first two agents couldn't escalate the fault; they blamed the weekend and the line-test upgrade for the delay, but the third chap did and booked an Openreach engineer for today "between 8am and 1pm". He arrived at 8:15 and the line fault was fixed within 45 minutes.
One whinge though- the support pages are a pain to use on a mobile phone - too cluttered and "Jess" keeps forcing a keyboard popup. How about a mobile-friendly version to make fault-reporting easier when a smartphone is the only way to get online?
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Plusnet 8/10, BT 10/10

Hi Stoker,
Thanks a lot for the feedback you've given here.
I wasn't personally aware that "Ask Jess" does that, I'll pass that on as feedback and I'll let you know if we have any plans to do any more mobile optimisation for our site as it is something we've touched on in the past.
Regarding the experience with support I'm disappointed to hear about that, I will be looking over the notes on your account to see what feedback I can get passed on to the first two agents you spoke with.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Stoker
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Don't be hard on the first two agents - they (perhaps quite rightly?) said that my ticket was in the queue and there wasn't anything they could do to escalate. I think the conversations went something like:
1st call - (me) "The ticket text said I'll hear in 24 hours but nothing has changed" (agent 1) Well it can be 24-48 hours, particularly at the weekend"
2nd call - (me) "Nothing has changed and it's now well over 48 hours" (agent2) Well it can be up to 72 hours at the weekend and we're having a major systems upgrade too which doesn't help".
Maybe the automated response text to the ticket should set more realistic expectations on Friday Saturday and Sunday if that's really the case. I'm certainly not unhappy
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

You're absolutely right, the message shouldn't set an incorrect expectation, I'll feed that back and see what we can do around that to help other in future.
Thanks very much for your feedback Smiley