Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet retains its Customer Service Crown - official

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

PlusNet retains its Customer Service Crown - official

OK. for all you "nay sayers" out there... 

I know there are quite a few "disgruntled" new users to PlusNet.. but a recent survey carried out by Martin`s Moneysaving members 

says this.. about PlusNet Customer Service

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Plusnet retains its customer service crown while TalkTalk gets the wooden spoon...

That's according to the 15,181 votes cast in last week's phone & broadband customer service poll at least on established broadband and phone providers.

Overall 60% of Plusnet's home phone customers and 51% of its broadband customers thought it 'great'.

In contrast just 28% of TalkTalk's home phone customers and 18% of its broadband customers thought it 'great'.

See the full broadband customer service results.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

So.. From a long time customer, who has had excellent customer service (apart from one or two minor problems).. over the past 9 years. 

Congratulations PlusNet Customer Service Team.. 

Smiley

( hint... Use "Live Chat" instead of the phone.... at least on Live Chat, you know where you are "in the queue"  and keep getting updates every couple of mins).. 

You also have the opportunity to have a "hard copy" sent to you afterwards... you don`t get that on the phone... ! ! >.

11 REPLIES 11
geek26
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: PlusNet retains its Customer Service Crown - official

To be honest I have had good expirence with Plusnet overall too, but then again only normally the unhappy customers post.

chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

this just shows that these surveys are total [-Censored-]s.

looking at the broadband results.
51% say it's great, so 49% say it isn't great.
19% said it was poor.
that's hardly something to be having a party about (if true).

of course, all that is based solely on just 1004 people, hardly what i would call a valuable snapshot of the plusnet customers.

and i'm not sure how this survey can be deemed "official", as it was only based on members of that particular website.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

I know a number of people who work in market research and such an apparently "self-selecting" survey is worthless. Sad

The figure of 1000 or so responses isn't the problem, it's how they are selected and to a lesser extent how the questions are worded and responses analysed. 

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

It's not what the service is like when everything is going fine, it's how problems are resolved when they occur that matters.

I've never seen a survey that starts with a question such as "Have you needed to contact your ISP in the last 6 months?" and then goes on to explore how it was handled. That means all the surveys we see are pretty worthless.

It also suggests that a very small difference in the service ratings in the results we see represents a very big difference in the satisfaction for the people who have had issues; all the people who haven't actually had issues will probably have rated the service as good even though they have had no cause to access it.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Now you know who the "nay sayers" are... ! ...

Like I said, in my opening post... been with Plusnet for 9 years... and when I have needed customer service... e.g. for a replacement router.... or other problems on the broadband side... the service , ( with one small exception) has been quick and efficient, and on that basis I would recommend plusnet... 

and I have not done the survey, nor am I anything to do with it...

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

As far as I am concerned the one factor which would stop me recommending Plusnet - and may yet cause me to leave - is the appalling delay from a fault being reported to them actually doing anything about it (presently 5 days when it should be 24 - 48 hours)

This has nothing to do with Openreach - it is all down to Plusnet faults being grossly under resourced

chenks76
All Star

indeed!
and when i eventually did get a response on the ticket (after 5 days) the response was idiotic due to the person dealing with the ticket clearly not reading the contents of the ticket.

"under resourced and grossly incompetent" should replace "we'll do you proud" as the plusnet tagline.
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@shutter wrote:

... and when I have needed customer service... e.g. for a replacement router...

Without offering an opinion on customer service in general as I haven't had cause to experience it for quite a few years, I'd say sending out a replacement router is hardly technically challenging or something to judge levels of customer service by.  Roll_eyes

chenks76
All Star

some on here might suggest that it must be very technically challenging though, after the experiences they've had of numerous non-deliveries, or delivery of routers that haven't been requested.
of course, it might just be the calibre of person they are employing though.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

I totally agree with Jelv Thumbs_Up  these surveys are not a true reflection of the real PN lack of support at present Embarrassed.

I am frequently asked who my ISP is , when asked what i think ,, I reply They were good once !   but no longer Sad

main problem is the Management who now Concentrate on Quantity ONLY !!    Support is way down on list Lips_are_sealed

A added thought , if ISP preview took a sample from people on this forum ,, would PN still win a Award Huh

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

@RobPN wrote:

... I'd say sending out a replacement router is hardly technically challenging or something to judge levels of customer service by.  Roll_eyes

You say that... Even back in the good old days, several years ago when customer support was generally excellent, sending a router and communicating with a customer proved too difficult for Plusnet.

On starting my contract I was sent a "free" router of a higher specification than I was entitled to for the service that I was buying. Being an honest sort (and not wishing to be billed for the router!) I reported this. I received thanks for pointing this out and promised the correct router and bag to return the router sent out in error would be despatched. A new router duely arrived ... that was the same as the first one and no bag to make a return. On pointing this out I was told the correct router was out of stock and to keep the better one. A bag to return the surplus router would be sent. Despite several attempts on my part the postage paid bag never arrived and I was told to keep both higher specification routers. (By that time I was entitled to do so under the unsolicited goods act anyway). This was only sorted out via a PN rep on the forum as the official support route totally failed to handle the situation. At least in the end I came out a winner.

The only time that I have had to contact Plusnet support in the past year was when my line speed dropped to a barely usable speed. (It was my fault. I had temporarily moved my router to the end of an extension cable and speed did not recover when moving back to the master socket). After running diagnostics I got through to Plusnet within 10 mins with online chat (avoiding annoying music on phone line). The line was reset by tech support and everything returned to its usual working state (c 12Mbps). So an excellent service a year or so ago but judging by more recent reports not a fair reflection on how things are now.