cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet - major contributors to the increase in mental health issues in the UK

fejoas

PlusNet - major contributors to the increase in mental health issues in the UK

Want a stress free life?  Want to be so frustrated you could cry?  Want to tear your hair out and have a mental breakdown?  Then sign up with PlusNet, guaranteed to make your life miserable and who will add a million layers of extra stress to your life!
I ordered broadband FOUR MONTHS AGO!!!!!  Yep, you read that right, FOUR MONTHS!  Still havent got it.  PlusNet promise someone will call you back in 24 hours with an update - noone does.  They tell you you will have your broadband up and running by X date - it isnt.  They send you another email to say it will be up and running another week later - is it?  Of course not!
I rent this property and am simply trying to get broadband connected and have lost business because there is no internet connection in the flat.
Do PlusNet care?  Of course not.  Are they concerned that I am getting so stressed out I could just sit on the floor and cry?  No of course not.  Will they offer any compensation for their consistent failure to deliver?  Of course not!  Will they take my money for a service they havent yet provided?  Yes, yes of course they will!!!
Its just so shocking I dont know how this can be legal.  The stress I feel sometimes with all of this just overwhelms me.  Cry
3 REPLIES 3
x47c
Grafter

Re: PlusNet - major contributors to the increase in mental health issues in the UK

Not that this really helps you in your present problems but:
....do I presume that you have purchased PlusNet Business broadband?
On second thoughts you must have because as you say you have lost business through not having a working broadband and the use of
domestic personal broadband for business use is against the T&C's of pretty well any ISP Plusnet included.
All ISP's have seperate pricings/terms etc for their business broadband offers.......which are more expensive and usually offer increased priority on repair times and compensation for lack of service.
This reflects the more critical nature of a broadband supply for a business venture than one purely used for domestic/personal enjoyment.
picbits
Rising Star

Re: PlusNet - major contributors to the increase in mental health issues in the UK

Now I'm relatively new here but I was connected mid Jan and it couldn't have gone smoother.
I was informed what was happening most of the way and got a phone call from Plusnet to deal with a ticket and some questions - I wasn't able to take the call there and then as we had some family just leaving from a meal so I asked if they could call back in 15 minutes and they did - can't fault the service.
I find it sad when I hear of customers having trouble and would love to find out the ratio of installs which go through without a problem vs problematic installs. Often people will come on to a forum to complain and vent their frustrations but when it all goes well, only the minority will post.
Fingers crossed you get yours sorted and fairly soon - I've been pretty happy so far with my Plusnet experience and hope you will be too once it's sorted.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi fejoas,
I'm really really sorry about the delay on this. I can see the order is due to complete tomorrow for you, and of course we'll refund for the time the service hasn't been available.
Hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow and everything works, once more I'm very sorry for the delay.