Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet fudged up my house move

CK2019
Hooked

PlusNet fudged up my house move

Hi,

Some of the staff at PlusNet are providing a very lackadaisical service which is resulting in me and my family being left without a landline and broadband service for upto 9 days!

This is happening whilst we are moving house,

PlusNet advertises:-

"we're here to make sorting out your phone and broadband one less thing to worry about."

Well since I contacted PlusNet on 15th Jan 2020 I have worried.

"Our dedicated Home Moves team will have you up and running at your new place in no time"

This is not the case as our moving date is 10th Feb 2020 and if a BT engineer was needed I repeatedly asked to book the engineer for 11th Feb 2020 as we would not receive the keys to the property until the afternoon once our solicitor confirms, now due to PlusNet staff errors a BT engineer is booked on 19th Feb 2020.

"Just let us know your moving date, along with your account details and we'll get you going. It's best to give us as much notice of your move as possible, ideally 2 - 3 weeks if you can."

I'm sure you'll agree contacting PlusNet on 15th Jan 2020 for a house move on 10th Feb 2020 was more than enough time.

"Once we've got the details you can sit back and relax/get on with packing those boxes. We'll keep you updated of our progress every step of the way."

If only this was true.

As the 11th Feb 2020 is still in the future PlusNet can still resolve this issue if action is taken soon to sort this mess out, I have requested to speak to a supervisor / manager but was told they will not be able to resolve this issue and can only help in regards to a gesture of goodwill, I find this very hard to believe!

I hope this can be dealt with in the professional manner that it deserves.

Regards

3 REPLIES 3
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: PlusNet fudged up my house move

CK2019
Hooked

I disagree as on the 24th Jan 2020 I received the following :

"Your engineers appointment is booked in for the 10/02/2020"

Then after me contacting them again I receive on 28th Jan 2020:

"As we have discussed, I have amended your appointment for installation from the 10th of February to the 11th of February in the AM Slot, which is between 8am & 1pm."

Great I thought only for another member of PlusNet staff to contact me on 2nd Feb 2020 saying :

"Your engineer appointment has been booked for 10/02/2020 between 8 AM and 1 PM"

This is without doubt PlusNet errors.
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @CK2019, thanks for getting in touch.

I'm truly sorry for the poor experience you've had with your home move. I can see this your account is currently being monitored by a dedicated case handler who's updating you via this support ticket here

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team