cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Service Messages....... an anomoly !

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

PlusNet Service Messages....... an anomoly !

I am registered to have the service messages regarding technical problems, BT problems, servers down, and similar.....
all very fine.... and nice to know what is going on in the background.... especially if it concerns not being able to connect to the internet.......
HOWEVER!..... It`s a bit weird, to have an email saying "sorry you cannot connect to the internet..... because of...... "  
`cos`.... IF I cannot connect ,......... then I won`t get the email....  Roll_eyes
and similarly, when a problem has been resolved, we get this message.......
"If you are still unable to connect, please power down your broadband equipment for 20 minutes and retry.
Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. "
Erm ...... If you are still unable to connect...... you will not get this email.... Roll_eyes
EDIT EDIT EDIT
unless you log in on another computer, you just happen to have handy......  Cheesy  or have a super duper mobile computer phone..... Undecided
6 REPLIES 6
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: PlusNet Service Messages....... an anomoly !

I can get these emails on my mobile phone, and my work computer, so certainly come in useful.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

itsme
Grafter

Quote from: shutter

unless you log in on another computer, you just happen to have handy......  Cheesy  or have a super duper mobile computer phone..... Undecided

or go to a public library and use the computers there, and for me it's only 200m walk.  Wink
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Oh Well
Service Status RSS Feeds
Major Openreach Service Outage (61234) - RESOLVED
ADSL Dial
Posted on: Saturday 3 April 2010, 14:23
This is an update to the issues experienced in the Paddington Exchange and related ATMs, which have been affecting customers nationwide.BT have cleared the exchange and ATM issues, and customers should now be able to connect with no further issue.
If you are still unable to connect, please power down your broadband equipment for 20 minutes and retry.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

We send these service notices out as sometimes people can check service status at other locations. Would you prefer us not to send them? Wink
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
hadden
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
Would you prefer us not to send them? Wink

Yes, it would be brilliant if you could never have any problems  Wink
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Grin Grin Grin Grin