cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Home Phone

timsmith
Grafter

PlusNet Home Phone

Just wondered if anyone had experienced this...
We have just received a phone bill from PlusNet for £310 of call charges - we normally spend about £1 per month. Given that there is a £50 credit limit in place on the account and that is call profile is completely unusual, Im at a loss to understand why it wasnt stopped.
Ive spoken to PlusNet and am waiting for a call back but any ideas from anyone "in the know"?
Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: PlusNet Home Phone

Hi timsmith,
This will need some deal of investigation from our side. It looks like there is a credit limit on your account at the moment but it may take a little time for us to dig further and find our when this was applied initially.
Please bear with us and someone will get back to you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
timsmith
Grafter

Yes - I have spoken to Jez/James this morning.
Unfortunately the response was that because the calls (all 86 of them) happened with approximately an 8hr window spanning midnight, your billing system didnt pick it up as it can take 48hrs for a call to be registered.
Im not quite clear how you can say that there is a £50 call credit limit per month and then provide someone with a bill for over £300 - particularly when a normal bill is about £1 - and then claim its because calls are only applied to the account upto 48hrs later.
Ive been promised a call back from a Supervisor which I doubt will tell me anything more.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

As per my reply to your other post Tim, this is being looked and and someone will get back to you today.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
timsmith
Grafter

Thanks Adam,
I simply cannot see how there can be any justification for an account which has a Credit Limit of £50, receiving a bill for over £300 of call charges - regardless of limitiations in your billing system..
timsmith
Grafter

Hi Adam,
Thanks for keeping an eye on this.
Fortunately its all sorted now and my faith in PlusNets customer service is restored. I can hold off on the request for a MAC code....
Tim
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem,
My colleague who dealt with this today came over for a chat with me a little while back so I'm very glad we could get this sorted fairly quickly for you.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team