cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Customer Service

Blueseric

PlusNet Customer Service

Well PlusNet Customer Service,
what do you intend doing about the Avalanche of complaints and criticisms you have been receiving recently? My honest view is that you are better than this.........speaking as a very long time subscriber.......what is it, not enough resources? Are you (the evidence seems to support this view) all insensitive to these complaints particularly from us with accounts? I would sack your Customer Services Manager.........unless she/he is monitoring the existing profile of PlusNet and can improve your rapidly disappearing reputation. I really don't want you to fail but like the look-out who failed to spot the iceberg.........this Titanic may be going down. Cry
6 REPLIES 6
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

Re: PlusNet Customer Service

Quote from: Blueseric
I would sack your Customer Services Manager........

I doubt you can heap opprobrium on this person. He/she is probably in despair about the situation but has hands tied firmly behind their back. I'd suspect "orders from above" are the cause, it has been going on too long to be individual incompetence.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Pentris
Dabbler

I have been with Plusnet since June 2009 but am in despair. I have had serious phone and fibre broadband issues since 15th September and they will just not listen to my views despite me being a retired BT engineer. Refused to pass fault to BTW despite it being an exchange card fault. Cannot get through to telephone line due to excessive waits averaging 30 minutes. Been like that for at least the last 6 months. Refuse to escalate faults when requested as per their own escalation policy. Chat line do not put comments discussed onto fault log. They are in a mess and I have had enough except they have just put me into a new years contract without even advising me. They are now absolute rubbish at running the network in conjunction with BT.
tonycollinet
Grafter

They can't put you into a new contract without your agreement.
And if they are failing to deliver their end of the deal for as long as 3 months, you'd have good grounds for cancelling the contract in any case.
persil41

Since the beginning of November 2015 my GB usage more than doubled, I am on 10GB monthly and I normally use between 4 to 5GB monthly. My habits when using the computer had not changed, I do not play catch up and I only use the internet during the day time hours. however my free usage between midnight and 8am was  showing that I had been on the internet when I had been in my bed  sleeping.  Since this problem came to my attention on Friday 27th November I have been jumping through hoops trying to get answers and I am disappointed with Plus net customer support. Since  the 27th November I have lost  at least half a day sat holding the telephone waiting for a member of customer support to answer the telephone, the minimum time it took to speak to a person was 30mins and I have spoken to at least five persons over the last week.
My system is secure, and I was told by Plus net  that there is not a problem, that is until a member of Plus net  customer support has admitted that something is and I quote "Obviously awry".  To stop me from using my GB allowance I have had to switch off the power to the router, yes my GB allowance was continuing to be used despite the computer switched off and power only going through to the router.  My usage appears to be returning to normal, nothing that I have done, however I am monitoring the internet usage, when logging in I record both the time and GB usage and I do the same when logging off.  I shall continue to monitor and record over the  next month.   
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

What version of Windows are you running? There are reports of Microsoft downloading files to upgrade to Windows 10 without the download being requested by the customer.
Once on Windows 10 by default updates are downloaded from your machine to those of other customers.
There will always be a small amount of traffic between the internet and the router. Have you turned on Plusnet Broadband Firewall to minimise this?
persil41

I run windows7 I do get Microsoft requesting me to download windows 10 but I always remove the request. It is my intention to keep windows7 until June 2016.
My security system is Norton 360 and I have run Norton for at least 10 years and I have had an online chat with them, they inform me that it is not the Norton system.