cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet - Bring back the ticketing system please.

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: PlusNet - Bring back the ticketing system please.

@Baldrick1 

Not only incredible but surely not good business sense. Plusnet's customers' dissatisfaction aired on public forums virtually by default; risk of security breaches; staff resources spent watching numerous possible sources for customers' complaints / requests for assistance rather than concentrating on one in-house ststem.

If the ticketing system is there for Plusnet staff to raise tickets after picking up the issue elsewhere (see @adamwalker above) why not have it as the initial point of contact? Bizarre.

Now definitely NOT awarding winning cistomer service.

Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

@Baldrick1 wrote:

I just can't get my head around how the Plusnet suits can consider this acceptable!

My guess is that the bean counters have had their abacuses out and decided that it's 'prudent' or 'fiscally sound' to do this. Or to the layman 'it saves a few quid'!

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

The bean-counters obviously haven't looked at it very closely - how many customers and therefore how much revenue will it lose them?

I spy the dead hand of BT!😁

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

@jab1 

As far as I can determine BT Retail still offer Chat. 

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Maybe, @Baldrick1 - but I think someone in the BT hierarchy probably wants to kill off PN, and this is the start - or maybe the first finger of BTs right hand doesn't know what the third finger is doing.😁

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

@jab1 

Rather than kill it off cleanly it makes sense for BT to treat Plusnet as a cash cow by extracting as much profit as it can without any serious investment until the profit no longer outweighs the hassle.

I feel sorry for all the Plusnet staff at the coal face doing their best to keep this inadequately resourced organisation afloat despite this sort of management decision..

Staff retention must be a nightmare. I imagine that many staff with some 'get up and go' have got up and gone.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

I’m firmly in agreement with the preceding statements. Decisions made by senior managers around things they perceive to be a ‘problem’ are incomprehensible and largely help no one.

Problem: I’ve cut my finger and it hurts.

Solution: Let’s cut off your hand - that will stop your finger bleeding!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.