cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet - Bring back the ticketing system please.

Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

PlusNet - Bring back the ticketing system please.

Just what the subject says really. Are you in a position to bring back the ticketing system in the light of the demise of the chat system? If so do you have an idea of timescale but if not your justification for this decision.

Not only would this benefit your agents but it would also benefit all users including the hard of hearing as there would be text based point of contact direct to support, as this is evidently a bone of contention and needs addressing. Remembering of course that not everyone wants, needs or has a social media account.

Your response would be appreciated.

21 REPLIES 21
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: PlusNet - Bring back the ticketing system please.

Well said, @Mook . Fortunately, over the 8 years I've been here, I have had very few real problems and 99% of them have been resolved either by a phone call or on this forum.

However, my one and only attempt at resolving a problem via Live Chat was a total failure, so I vowed never to use that avenue again. Equally, although I have a Twitter account, I'm not happy using that for queries - if I have a problem it usually involves passing on an amount of information/data, which that platform does not allow.

So, a further voice added to your request.

John
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

I too support the return of the ticketing system for customers to raise issues. It still exists for Plusnet staff to open tickets about issues raised via the forums etc., and is used for longer term monitoring of ongoing problems such as protracted billing errors etc. 

The ticketing system allows customers to explain complex problems; allows Plusnet staff to investigate problems and come back to explain the solution or ask for further information; allows customers to add additional information or to correct a misconception of the issue; allows extended monitoring etc. It also gives a full record of the problem and its resolution (or lack thereof).

As has been said before, it is readily usable by deaf or hard of hearing customers or those who find telephone contact difficult and it avoids time wasted hanging on the telephone when waiting for Plusnet to answer.

For Plusnet, it has the advantage of not requiring staff to be instantly available to deal with queries. Questions can be dealt with in quieter times and the opportunity is afforded to investigate and give a proper considered response.

I seem to recall that there was much adverse comment when Plusnet decided to get rid of the ticketing system in favour of the then much trumpeted Live Chat which has never appeared to be the panacea for all that it was made out to be. 

The ticketing system should be reinstated to provide a written means of access to Plusnet support via the Member Centre which all customers automatically join and have access to rather than relying on the forums or social media which many do not join for such a written communication.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

@jab1 I don't know if you are aware that there is no restriction on the amount of text within Twitter DM's unlike normal tweets with their 280 char limit.
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@Browni I wasn't aware of that, so thanks for the heads-up. Still not convinced it would work if you needed to add graphics?

John
smiffy1
Pro
Fixes: 1

@jab1  yes on Twitter Massages you can add Graphics 👍

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

That's fine but I have no intention of becoming a twitterer (or is it twit?) or facer. There should be a private way for customers to communicate with Plusnet in writing that's compatible with available 21st century practices..Maybe the next step is to stop recording telephone calls that don't involve some service being flogged to us? That will help resolve any arguments relating to poor customer service.

Communications company? Really? I feel very sad that Plusnet has so badly lost its way.

All it needs is a ticket system that is adequately manned (or should it be personed these days?).

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

jgb
Champion

@daveplus 

Yes, that link does get you to the Help Assistant in the Member Centre and existing (and past) tickets, but any new tickets you can open are restricted to only a few categories. The ticketing system needs to be opened up to all categories of question and complaint.

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@Baldrick1 wrote:

Communications company? Really? I feel very sad that Plusnet has so badly lost its way.

All it needs is a ticket system that is adequately manned (or should it be personed these days?).

Abso-blooming-lutely!

The ticket system is an auditable record of every communication and action on a customer's account. Once created, we can view, and add to, a ticket - it's a great system.

It seems bizarre in the extreme, then, that for the past several years we've been unable to raise a fault or question on the system ourselves. It was so elegantly simple, obviating the need for

• Waiting in a phone queue, followed by security questions, and trying to explain the problem to an agent who may not know the answer if it's anything other than "routine".
  • Live Chat
  • Text Relay
  • Fripperies like Twitter, Facbook etc

In all the previous discussions on this subject, I've yet to see a convincing argument for denying customers the ability to raise a ticket.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi all, 

We've moved away from the ticket system in favour of social media and forums. You can always contact us via one of those methods and if needed we can always open a ticket for you to keep things accountable and documented. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jgb
Champion

@adamwalker 

A disappointing response.

You are relying on third party apps (social media) and the Community Forums, neither of which are used by all customers whereas the Member Centre is available to all without further registration. You should have a method of contact oin your own Member Centre.

At the very least this contact information needs to be set out clearly and prominently in the Member Centre. Do all customers now need to be automatically enrolled in the Community so that they can use this method of access?

As to the Community Forum itself, as this is a recogniosed way of seeking assistence do we now need another forum that is specifically for members to use to seek responses from Plusnet rather than simply relying on Plusnet staff to spot cries for help within the general forum traffic? Something for consideration.

As for telephone support are you increasing staffing to cope so that the waiting times are reduced to somewhere near reasonable?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Twitface is not an appropriate vehicle for accessing support. PlusNet has always had the disposition of being will to communicate with customers via whatever channel most suits the customer ... unless the customer wants to use a formal issue management and tracking system fully integrated into the business CRM.

Such very fit for purpose solutions are not seen hip by those who do not understand the problem.

If I do it ironic that reasons given for not directing more users to the forums for support (rather than using twitface) is the necessity to create an additional user account ... ignoring the facts that the ticketing system needs only the user’s existing account to use it ... and using twitface requires the user to be a social media user ... which the majority of people are not.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

@adamwalker wrote:

Hi all, 

We've moved away from the ticket system in favour of social media and forums. You can always contact us via one of those methods and if needed we can always open a ticket for you to keep things accountable and documented. 

That will be a no then.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

I just find it incredible that Plusnet think that if you have a problem your options are to either wait for ages on the telephone or register onto a public forum and raise your private issue there. For example, is it acceptable to expect a bereaved partner to open a public forum account to advise of the account holder's demise?

I just can't get my head around how the Plusnet suits can consider this acceptable!

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'