Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus.net front page

colintivy
Rising Star

Plus.net front page

Hi folks,
Saw the new glossy front page this afternoon. Very clean and tidy in my opinion. the back office boys must have been busy recently, so a big thank you to them all.
Grin Grin
36 REPLIES 36
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Plus.net front page

Yeah, I really like it!  They've spent a lot of time to try and get it working well with mobile devices and the sort.  I'll pass on any feedback Cheesy
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Yep, works well on my Samsung 10.1 tablet in landscape or portrait. Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
snozboz
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I agree - it looks nice.
However I've noticed that my browser shows the page with no styles whatsoever for a fraction of a second before the proper fully CSS'd page is shown.  I'm running Firefox 17.0.1 on Mac OS X 10.8.2.  It may not be a major problem - I guess it's partly coz the CSS is very big and the browser has a lot of work to do, and maybe partly because there's some code detecting what sort of browser and platform it is and selecting a different CSS appropriately.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also use Mountain Lion 10.8.2
My preferred browser is Camino.
I also keep some other browsers updated, for various purposes.
All 5 give a quick blip when opening the PlusNet front page, less obvious when reloading (cached)

I've just done some screen recordings using QT 10.2, and get varying loading times depending on browser.
Between 5/25ths and 19/25ths of a second. (Counted frames)
From Google page to Plusnet front page.

My download speed is 19mb/s
JonJon
Grafter

Using Chrome on an iPhone 5, is it normal that you get the nice mobile site until you try to go into the member centre?  Then it goes back to the normal site for you to log in (and then stays in the non-mobile site).
Jonny.
James
Grafter

Yep, we haven't done the member centre yet, but there is a project to get this done.  Timescales currently TBC.
colintivy
Rising Star

I have switched on My Dell OptPlex GX110 Firefox 17 to look at the new pages. all off which display nicely on my HP Pavillion dv6 also with FF17. The Dell has a different entry page with the picture of the Broad Yorkshire chap offering Broadband etc., all vey much like before. Also if I input 192.168.2.1 for my Belkin status page I get a "cannot find that page" error message. All of which is very strange. I am typing this on the Dell right now so the system is not completely broken.  Any idears out there?Huh
Huh
James
Grafter

Colin - That's nothing to do with either our web site or your broadband display. (the 192.168.1.1 bit).
colintivy
Rising Star

Oh dear!
I forgot to list the OS's used.... Dell = XP Pro and HP = Win7 as revealed in my profile brlow.
I guess that gets us no nearer to a cure. Both systems worked similarly to each other up to the change of the website!!
Estragon
Rising Star

192.168.2.1?
Not 192.168.1.1?
Whichever it is, it's the IP address of the GUI of your Belkin router. It doesn't even try to get out to the internet so can't be anything to do with anything Plusnet have done.
colintivy
Rising Star

I go along with that except the router functions quite normally with Win 7 etc., (yes I know that the Belkin address is 192.168.2.1, the other one is for the old BT 210 Voyager that I had from PN all those years ago !!), and the change occurred on the day that the new web page was introduced. I am checking the update situation with FF and some other things on the Dell that might have caused the problem. Note that I created the Post #7 using the Dell which shows that parts do in fact work. Delving continues.
Must not ruffle PN feathers too much!!
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Let's keep this about the front page?  I'd like more feedback Cheesy
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
gswindale
Grafter

Quick question:
Historically I have visited http://portal.plus.net which took me straight to the Member Centre login.
Now I have to visit either http://portal.plus.net and click on "Member Centre" or enter http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html
why the change?  It seems that http://portal.plus.net is currently redirecting itself to the main website which seems a little pointless to me as the offers on offer aren't available to me as an existing member?
Or am I missing something?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Perhaps it's an attempt to let people know that things have changed and unlimited products are available. Many users seem not to notice when new products are announced - then complain about not being told.
David