cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus net customer Service

Zathrus

Plus net customer Service

Having been a plus net customer for years (2-3) and never having had a problem. I have decided to upgrade to Plus extra, 3 phone calls later after the system cancelling the order. Someone at Plus net was able to force through the upgrade..... so I believe. 6 days later and so many different stories later still no ADSL2+ connection, with no one at support having a clue..... I have had stories of no you are on ASDL2+ (only for them to admit after probing that actually I am not) and at least 3 different dates on which I would get ADSL2+.
Now I would not mind if support had actually provided an updated response that indicated something was happening rather than the response of "Please place the order and update the customer every time" or at least a story that made sense, rather than 1 person saying you order will be completed on 17th. Then ringing up on the 17th to be told, I cannot tell you when you the order will be completed its with our supplier....
Come on plus net get it together
7 REPLIES 7
WebDude
Grafter

Re: Plus net customer Service

Not sure whether there are any similarities but I wanted Plusnet ADSL (the 80 GB one) after having no ADSL with PN for years, it needed some clunky procedure to move me from dial-up to BBYW (that caused e-mail giving a false connection date, prior to the next manual change to get me to the right account type, and connection on a new date without getting new automated e-mail about that one).  It left me totally confused at the time, though I'm sure it was relatively easy for any staff to check on progress...
Zathrus

I have had ADSL 8MB for years now, its this silly series of responses to the questions that really bugs me. It appears that PN don't read the previous responses
Question #35107740 - Your Feedback
< Back
System User - Automated Script Pool
7:05pm, Thursday 9 Sep 2010
There's been a problem progressing your broadband order.
We'll get some more information on the problem and update this ticket with details as soon as we have them.
[internal note]
Order has been cancelled. Please check Install Diary and resubmit order once issue is resolved.
[mremoved] - CSC Analyst
7:52pm, Thursday 9 Sep 2010
Check on 11/09/10 date that the customer has been upgraded.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]
[mremoved] - CSC Analyst
7:55pm, Thursday 9 Sep 2010
Check on 11/09/10 date that the customer has been upgraded.
The next action on your Help Assistant Question is due on Monday 13th September at 9:00am. This Question will remain open with the CSC - Customer Services until this time.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]
Your Response
10:20am, Sunday 12 Sep 2010
The Question 35107740 has been released from hold and sent back to CSC - Customer Services
The physical upgrade to ADSL2+ has not happened, please can an update be provided when this ticket is next actioned
[mremoved] - CSC Analyst
3:19pm, Monday 13 Sep 2010
[internal]
The account change to the Plusnet Extra package was successfull, please check if the line was regraded to ADSL2. If not place the order and update the customer.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]
[mremoved] - CSC Analyst
9:18pm, Tuesday 14 Sep 2010
[INTERNAL]
Customer called in regards to the ADSL regrade to ADSL2+. Please can we place this order again as it has not happened. Please can we also update customer as soon as possible on the progress of this.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]
jim:csa
WebDude
Grafter

Oh dear - looks like being "lost in the system" with these tickets and because of shift patterns and workload, no individual member of staff (unless they offer via 'community', USENET, or some other forum) is actually watching what happens, so a ticket just seems to go into the queue and nothing happens for days at a time.
I can understand your frustration, as it has no similarities to the situation I was in, and looks like a simple enough task just not being done by anyone !
I feel sure there will have been action behind the scenes but sadly the information from that series of tickets doesn't suggest it, and just makes PlusNet look as if they are bumbling along and (almost) as if no-one cares.  (I am sure they do, after all, if lots of complaints are made, it does not take long for the criticisms to go public to other web sites, radio shows, and 'word of mouth' can lead to potential customers ignoring PN, and existing customers choosing to move elsewhere...  but it looks, through apparent inaction, as if the comments are of the line 'will someone else deal with this, it isn't my job to' and yet it never seems to find someone for whom it is their job.)
Can only hope someone has a definitive answer for you this morning - we know staff try their best and are (mostly) very helpful (else they are probably not staff for much longer) but if this has been running more than a week, you'd hope someone can explain just what is going on, and as goodwill, give you a free month or something for the nuisance level of seeing no progress on this at all...  After all, you cannot 'do' anything to encourage the problem to get fixed - you are probably wanting to just see it behind you - and the only sanction you (may) have is to say 'OK, forget it, give me a MAC' which is probably the last thing you want to do...
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm sorry about the unclear comments on this ticket, it has been passed from one team (Customer Services) to another (Provisioning) because agents in those teams don't have the skills to do the other's work.
This ticket was picked up by the right person on Saturday and your regrade to ADSL2+ was submitted manually because automated orders failed twice. Had these orders not failed then you wouldn't have seen a ticket at all.
Your order's now going through fine and is due to complete tomorrow, please let us know if you experience any further problems.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've just been informed that you're now connected at 10Mbps, I hope it goes a little more smoothly now!
Zathrus

Ben,
    Unfortunately not, now the connection is dropping out all over the place, last night for example the connection dropped 5 mins after phoning your customer service department. Even the master socket makes no difference with everything else unplugged. Microfilters have been changed.  Support ticket 35499343 has been raised, below is the status from the router after being connected for 8 mins which shows a lot of RS correctable and uncorrectable errors
WAN Statistics
Service    VPI/VCI    Protocol    Received    Transmitted
                Pkts    Errs    Drops    Pkts    Errs    Drops
-    0/38    PPPoA    3277    0    0    3605    0    0

LAN Statistics
Interface   
Received

Transmitted
    Bytes    Pkts    Errs    Drops    Bytes    Pkts    Errs    Drops
Ethernet    1916524    4244    0    0    3119323    3426    0    0
Wireless    1500    1    0    0    0    0    0    0

ADSL Statistics
Mode:    ADSL2 PLUS
Type:    ANNEX_A

Downstream    Upstream
Rate (Kbps):    6656 kbps    1008 kbps

SNR Margin (dB):    7.4    6.7
Attenuation (dB):    33.0    18.4
Output Power (dBm):    0.0    11.3

Super Frames:    25950    25951
RS Correctable Errors:    291    65517
RS Uncorrectable Errors:    0    65506

HEC Errors:    0    0
Total Cells:    45420    24889
Data Cells:    45369    24889
Bit Errors:    0    0

Zathrus

Having turned the modem back to adsl (G.DMT). RS correctable and uncorrectable errors almost completely disappear
WAN Statistics
Service VPI/VCI Protocol Received Transmitted
  Pkts Errs Drops Pkts Errs Drops
- 0/38 PPPoA 5086 0 0 5446 0 0

LAN Statistics
Interface
Received

Transmitted
Bytes Pkts Errs Drops Bytes Pkts Errs Drops
Ethernet 2435764 11111 0 0 6328487 7965 0 0
Wireless 1500 1 0 0 0 0 0 0

ADSL Statistics