cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus.net Customer Service FeedBack

zMastaa
Dabbler

Plus.net Customer Service FeedBack

First of all after this whole nonsense I'm feeling to think twice on having PN as my isp.
Basically this is  my situation after the Nth call to PN and BT.
I've just moved home almost 2 weeks ago, at the same time i ordered a BT line and PN Extra. The Bt line was activated  last Monday.  Today I got a call from PN saying that theres already broadband activated on my line and i need to call BT to get my line cleared, the whole time i didnt know this so i turn on my modem and behold, theres broadband activated on my line, tho set to IP Profile 2000kbps (i.e. too slow for me and my uses)
So I call BT and they tell me they have no records of broadband activated on my line and as long as its not showing on my account, i practically have free broadband. (again I wouldn't mind but its capped at 2mbps I may aswell get Sky TV that offers free 2mbps, also the PN offer of free for 4 months again makes more sense for me) So BT tell me who ever the ISP is that im trying to get broadband from must contact the BT Wholesale to raise the problem, which for me makes sense....i am there customer not BT's.
I call PN telling them the full prblem and what BT have said.......they say call BT back to get them to cancel it.....its not PN problem
I call BT they tell me that because im not getting a BT Broadband service......its not up to them to call BT wholesale about a "tagged" phone line. Every ISP has the ability to do this simple request to BT Wholesale
I call PN telling them the full prblem and what BT have said.......they say call BT back to get them to cancel it.....its not PN problem
I call BT they tell me that because im not getting a BT Broadband service......its not up to them to call BT wholesale about a "tagged" phone line. Every ISP has the ability to do this simple request to BT Wholesale
Finally numerous calls a PN advisor tells me to call in on Friday because she has just put a request to BT wholesale to get the line fixed...........
Just feeling to voice my concerns on the Pn customer service that they are offering to potential new customers..
3 REPLIES 3
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Plus.net Customer Service FeedBack

Hi zMastaa,
I'm very sorry about this - I assume the service was on there when we activated the line, and I can see from your ticket responses it isn't in your name. I know we used to be able to request these be removed, I'm chasing to find out how we can get this done for you. As soon as I've any information I'll post back.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I've just been through and talked to the tags on the line team at BT (if there's an active broadband service on the line, the line is regarded as 'tagged' with the service) and they've advised that the broadband that's on there was activated in your name on the 17th May with the phone line.
As that's the case I'm afraid we can't do anything to remove the service from the line, though you should be able to contact BT Retail (the current service provider) to either get this removed or to get a MAC code to move the service over to us. Getting a MAC would enable us to move the service much more quickly.
I'm sorry for all the to-ing and fro-ing that's been going on here, I hope this helps to get some resolution for you.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Be careful! You've probably been put on an 18 month Broadband contract with BT and there could be a massive cancellation charge.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)