cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus Net terrible service

TerriblePlusNet
Dabbler

Plus Net terrible service

I last had an email from Plusnet on 1/2/215 to say thanks for my new order of broadband and phone.  I have heard nothing since.
I have been trying to contact by phone and Chat for  days and their service says they are busy with other customers. Waits of half hour and Chat messages saying I am number 27 in the queue. And the next message later says- due to unforeseen circumstances, they cannot help on chat.  I called again this afternoon. I waited 38 minutes to get through, having called and given up today twice.  I was cut off by the operator, after he had confirmed my name and ID and had a 30 second summary of problems I am having, i.e NO BROADBAND, no router, no emails from Plusnet- but have taken the Direct Debit .
So why didn't he call me straight back, he has my number, name etc? I am being charged for  services I don't have. The telephone number they have allocated receives scam calls all day from TalkTalk. Plus Net seems absolutely incompetent. I would like to cancel the service and urge any readers to not sign up as a new customer, it is terrible.
9 REPLIES 9
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Plus Net terrible service

I'm very sorry for the problems you've experienced. Unfortunately your orders haven't progressed correctly, so they will need replacing manually. If you'd like me to arrange this please let me know.
NO BROADBAND, no router, no emails from Plusnet- but have taken the Direct Debit .

I understand that you're not receiving broadband from ourselves yet, but you should still be active with your old provider as we haven't taken over the service.
The only payment we've taken is the initial charge, you won't be billed again until 1 month after your services go active to ensure you're not paying for time that you don't have the service from us.
The telephone number they have allocated receives scam calls all day from TalkTalk.

We haven't allocated any phone number and if you're receiving calls that are unwanted to that number, you'd need to contact your current provider.
I would like to cancel the service

I'm sorry to hear that and I'm happy to get these orders placed myself if you would like. However if you did prefer to cancel you'd need to give the customer options team a call to arrange this.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
TerriblePlusNet
Dabbler

Can you call me to discuss and give me some more information please?  I did ask to leave due to the issues but have been told I cannot.  Why has no one been in contact with me? I am not sure from your message what is needed from me. thanks
adie:quote
Chris
Legend

I'm afraid I won't be able to call you back.
Looking at the notes on your account I can't see where you've been told you're unable to cancel?
I am not sure from your message what is needed from me. thanks

I just need to know whether you want me to place the orders for you, to be up front it'll be a minimum of 10 working days from tomorrow to transfer your services over to us.
As a side note, could you refrain from cross-posting on multiple threads, it makes it very difficult to help.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
TerriblePlusNet
Dabbler

Quote from: Chris
I'm very sorry for the problems you've experienced. Unfortunately your orders haven't progressed correctly, so they will need replacing manually. If you'd like me to arrange this please let me know.
NO BROADBAND, no router, no emails from Plusnet- but have taken the Direct Debit .

I understand that you're not receiving broadband from ourselves yet, but you should still be active with your old provider as we haven't taken over the service.
The only payment we've taken is the initial charge, you won't be billed again until 1 month after your services go active to ensure you're not paying for time that you don't have the service from us.

***** It said on the website this morning you had taken a DD. This has now been altered.
The telephone number they have allocated receives scam calls all day from TalkTalk.

We haven't allocated any phone number and if you're receiving calls that are unwanted to that number, you'd need to contact your current provider. 

************my number is listed on your website on my account>  i have just called my landline on your number provided to me.. guess what, you have allocated a number !!!
I would like to cancel the service

I'm sorry to hear that and I'm happy to get these orders placed myself if you would like. However if you did prefer to cancel you'd need to give the customer options team a call to arrange this.

*** It is impossible to get though to your customer service, that is my complaint, have you not read my comments?  Are you going to call me please?
TerriblePlusNet
Dabbler

Quote from: Chris
I'm afraid I won't be able to call you back.
Looking at the notes on your account I can't see where you've been told you're unable to cancel?
I am not sure from your message what is needed from me. thanks

I just need to know whether you want me to place the orders for you, to be up front it'll be a minimum of 10 working days from tomorrow to transfer your services over to us.
As a side note, could you refrain from cross-posting on multiple threads, it makes it very difficult to help.

I have replied to all your questions from your posts above?  I was told on the phone today I couldn't cancel on the retentions team, perhaps they need some feedback to make notes?  It makes it difficult for me having these endless messages, where a conversation could quickly resolve? Could you let me now what is happening to my account , I would be eternally grateful as a new customer to have a bit of faith restored with a definitive reply as to what you are going to do. many thanks
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Quote from: TerriblyDisappointed
************my number is listed on your website on my account>  i have just called my landline on your number provided to me.. guess what, you have allocated a number !!!
*** It is impossible to get though to your customer service, that is my complaint, have you not read my comments?  Are you going to call me please?

As we're not currently providing your phone line, the number is not one we have allocated to you.
The number on your account would be one that was provided to us upon sign up, active with the current provider of the line, that we would try to retain/port over to ourselves to provide the service on.
I do apologise for the long wait times you've experienced, but as per Chris' response unfortunately we won't be able to call you back, however we have offered to get your orders placed as soon as possible, now the issue has been brought to our attention.
If you'd like us to proceed with the orders, please let us know. If you're not happy with the current number, we can place an order that will renumber the line for you as part of the takeover.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
roberto2212
Grafter

cancel,cancel,cancel ...bad ISP!!!!!!!!!!!1 Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

None of this makes any sense.  PN Customer Service Agents have always called me back regarding technical and accounting problems. Has this policy been changed in the last six weeks?
Only 6 weeks ago, January 25th to be precise, I reported a problem by phone . Shortly afterwards I  received a phone call back  from a tech support agent who in a brief but perfectly competent & polite way diagnosed the isssue and fixed it - on the phone! He even took the trouble to email me afterwards.
So has anything changed? here's proof ...
Dear Mr xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thank you for your time on the phone.
As per our conversation,
I have tested your line today and it appears the issue you reported is no longer occurring.
The connection is stable. The connection is also running at a good speed for your line, with a current connection speed of around xxxmbps.
I am now closing this fault, as you are happy the issue is resolved.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200 if we can be of further assistanc
Kind regards,
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[Email notification sent to: xxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxxco.uk]
Chris
Legend

The customer support centre staff may call back, I can't guarantee that though. If someone requests it via forums/social media we don't though, we're a small team and if someone wants to speak to an advisor regarding their issue we have people on the phones to take these calls.