cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus Net is the worst provider ever

kirstymarie1902
Dabbler

Plus Net is the worst provider ever

People do not join this isp. It is a rip of. They charge u for stuff u havent done got or used. They dont reset your internet usage. They dont read the tickets they chat a load of s*** on the phone.
Issues i have had.
Had to wait two weeks for my router when it first got activated
internet usage has note been reset
Charged me for instaling a phone line when i already had one tried to tell woman on phone but basically called me a liar.
Cap your services with out telling you and when u ask them they lie.. But later on tell u the truth?? What is a matter with u? You freaks
i could go on but laptop is playing up and im very stressed.
Pusnet!!!  You couldent do ya mother pround!!
But honestly people do not join this company im going to telnet for advice!
jim:red All caps removed as per this Forum Rule
21 REPLIES 21
borgred
Dabbler

Re: Plus Net is the worst provider ever

yes i know this to be true they will be dead in the water in the next few years Grin
davegraham2013
Dabbler

They seem to have a very good Brass Band though lol  Grin
beeceegee
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: kirstymarie1902
im going to telnet for advice!

eh?
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

People do not join this isp. It is a rip of.

Agree: 2
Disagree: 500,000
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi kirstymarie1902,
Sorry to see that you've been charged for the install and usage, to refund once an invoice has been generated we normally need the payment to go through and then we can initiate any monies owed.
I can see that our billing team are currently dealing with this and will sort this out for you.
If you need me to chase anything up I'll more than happily do that and make sure you're not charged for anything you shouldn't be.
Chris
kuga
Grafter

I do not agree plusnet have always tried there best for me
its bt openreach who are the problem
and they are a law unto themselves
Velocity
Grafter

Quote from: Strat
People do not join this isp. It is a rip of.

Agree: 2
Disagree: 500,000+1
garycalderwood

I have just joined Plusnet& in just under a week they have attempted to twice  take  wrong amounts from my bank account  ( more of course than they should have) and no internet connection on the time scale promised.
not too bothered about the longer than promised internet connection but attempting to take money from my account they shouldn't be  is very worrying .
Has anyone else had plusnet try to take money they shouldn't have from their account ?Huh
I thought it was a good price they were offering - but in just a week of being a customer i have had awful service from them.
the positive was the chap in the call center who was  initially very helpful setting up my phone line and account - but I am at a total loss what to do with the billing .
Can anyone advise me on the best way to terminate the contract if this awful service continues???
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I'm really sorry you've had such a bad start. I've checked the tickets on your account and can see that this is in hand, we'll do our best to make sure that everything goes smoothly from here and let you know when it's all sorted.
I'm afraid it's unlikely there'll be much movement on this over the weekend (mostly because the banks aren't open) but we'll make sure to pick it up first thing on Monday.
The best way to cancel is calling up (you'd need to talk to our customer options team, but the menus on the phones should direct you) - alternatively you can write in to us if you wish.
garycalderwood

the thing is i dont want to cancel all i want is a clear explanation as to what you are going to charge me and when - i am at a total loss as what to pay and when.
i was advised to stop the DD before u tried to take money out my account then advised let it come out and you will refund it .
Im glad i stopped it as i have little faith in plusnet to return my money you wrongly tried to take from my account.
its all very well saying let it come out and u will refund me but it is not my main bank account and i only put in what is needed to cover bills - but if plusnet just come and take out money for no apparent reason and on random days i run the risk of over draft and penalties.
I am growing increasingly worried about your billing methods.
perhaps you are in a position to allow wrongly  money of various amounts come out of your account on random days but I am not .
can you clarify if billing errors is a common occurrence with  plusnet and should i be forced to stay with you is this the sort of service i should expect ?Huh
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Suggest you try & help yourself, and not mouth off here;
billing dates can be seen here:
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=view_transactions&s=0
this page shows your usage, and also the billing period dates;
https://portal.plus.net/view_my_broadband_usage/index.php
If PlusNet were randomly plundering Bank a/c's via DD mandate, they'd soon lose their authority
to use Direct Debits; they're not going to risk that.
If you are using a Bank a/c with such a low level of funds in it can't take a debit for your
Broadband bill, (without you moving funds each time) maybe you need to place a few more bob in it?Huh
It's not as if the PlusNet charge is on same scale as your Mortgage/ Council Tax etc etc Huh
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

In the last 5 years I've had one minor billing error which was quickly rectified.
With my previous ISP I was overcharged, cut off (by them when paid in advance), charged while cut off (phone as well as broadband) and NEVER got a satisfactory response or refund.
I'm happy with Plusnet.  Nobody's perfect but on balance Plusnet are a lot better then many others in my experience and opinion.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
garycalderwood

FAO GEL - my finances are such that I am normally working  away with the merchant navy and can't always monitor what is coming out of my accounts - I normally put in to a separate account to cover my DDs is it unreasonable to expect the correct amount to come from my account each month?
I shouldn't have to 'put in an extra few bob incase of a particular company's incompetence.  
I put in enough for Mortgage, council tax , gas electric etc and have  NEVER had to put in extra incase companies decide to take out 'a few bob extra'.
If I went into tesco and I was charged an extra 40 quid for an item I purchased I would not be happy would u ?Huh
So why should I tolerate being overcharged by plusnet??
And what a moronic thing for you to say / shouting my mouth of on here ??!!!
It's a forum for feed back - So I'm giving feed back !!!! What a strange comment from you gel?
And in just about a week twice plus net have tried to wrongly to withdraw money from my account!!! So for that reason I am giving feedback On The feedback forum !!!
Perhaps you are in someway associated with plusnet or a very loyal customer - either way your comments are outrageous.
So far I was told to cancel the DD by a helpful call centre employee now I have just had a email saying I have to set up a DD For god knows how much - so at the moment I am at a total loss what to do for payments !!
Plus side I have been informed broadband is running - wee bit late than promised but not too bad .

Please please sort out the billing
And GEL who ever you are and who ever you work for --
A FEED BACK FORUM IS FOR GIVING FEED BACK !!!!!
Just as I have done here.
garycalderwood

And for the record Gel I have been trying to sort this out by Email and phone calls to no avail so far .
and the links you were so helpful to post directed me to my bill which was for the WRONG amount .
So you 'shouting your mouth off' has been of no help to me what so ever !!!!
Although i do thank you for your FEEDBACK on the FEEDBACK forum !!!!