cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus Net is expensive

johnmglen
Grafter

Plus Net is expensive

After years with them, and I really do mean years, it appears that Plus Net are going the way of all the other companies doomed to failure. Namely, they openly favour the new trade and penalise their existing trade to cover the costs of the heavy discounts offered the new members. Worse than that - and again in keeping with the large increasingly faceless companies that seem comfortable in the deluded perception that their once loyal customers won't leave them, they seem to have hired CSC analysts (I assume that is customer services in old money?) who are absolutely not interested in retaining their customers. The upshot? Once loyal customers look elsewhere. Plus Net used to feel a bit like family, a little bit local, now they have gone the way of the rest and that is really rather sad when you consider what they have lost in the clamour for a few quid rung out of their long-standing customer base.
31 REPLIES 31
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Plus Net is expensive

Which of their prices do you find expensive?
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

When I renewed my contract not so long ago I got a deal much better deal than was available to new customers, so would have to disagree with you, unless you can give us some specifics as Andy has said.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

johnmglen
Grafter

A quick look at the deals offered the new customers in comparison with the others should clear it up.  A comparison with other providers also reveals that they are not the good deal they once were. It's probably not appropriate to go into the specifics of my particular gripe with Plus Net, but it is genuinely how I feel. As for their customer services, well that's another story. You might as well carefully arrange a common or garden breeze block in your back yard, pull up a chair and talk to that for the good it will do you. There is just nothing doing for the loyal customers it seems to me.
AndyH
Grafter

All the big providers in the ISP industry offer introductory deals as it's a very competitive market place. I take it you feel the same way about insurance companies?
Have you spoken to the retentions team to see what they can offer you?
johnmglen
Grafter

Quote from: AndyH
All the big providers in the ISP industry offer introductory deals as it's a very competitive market place. I take it you feel the same way about insurance companies?

Have you spoken to the retentions team to see what they can offer you?

Yes I do feel the same way, it stinks.
As for the retentions team, please see my comment regarding inanimate objects carefully arranged in your back yard!
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

I agree with pjmarch,  I have been a customer since '09 and I pay a very comparable price for unlimited fibre to the advertised new deal over 18mths. The only difference was my contract is for 24mths.
johnmglen
Grafter

Which all leads me to believe that I am being robbed and makes me wonder why you lot are all doing so well when I am not. I cannot get anywhere near, and I really do mean anywhere near the deals offered the new customers. I can easily beat it by leaving which, sadly, I am now looking at doing.
jim:quote
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

When speaking with retentions, did you ask "Can you give me the same deal as new customers?" or "What's the best deal you can give me?"
The usual answers are "No" and "Something better than new customers, albeit 24 months contract".
If you think PlusNET's service is bad, go do some research on their three main rivals - BT Retail, TT and Sky...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

AndyH
Grafter

@ JMG - If you're expecting to pay half price + cashback, then your expectations are too high. Plusnet would soon be out of business if they were to offer these kinds of deals to everyone.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Quote from: JMG
It's probably not appropriate to go into the specifics of my particular gripe with Plus Net, but it is genuinely how I feel.

Without the specifics, there is no objectivity, just gripe.  It is the specifics which frame the debate; those of us who have sought deals have been happy with what we got.  At the time I got unlimited for less than I was paying for a measured service and over 24 months cheaper than the new customer offer.
Should we have to ask?  Well that is a different matter.

johnmglen
Grafter

Quote from: Townman
Quote from: JMG
It's probably not appropriate to go into the specifics of my particular gripe with Plus Net, but it is genuinely how I feel.

Without the specifics, there is no objectivity, just gripe.  It is the specifics which frame the debate;

Townman, this isn't a debate, it's a forum where I am perfectly entitled to air my opinion without the need for anybody's approval. The specifics of my monthly billing arrangements aren't going to be up for dissection I'm afraid.
Sorry to disappoint.
johnmglen
Grafter

Quote from: AndyH
@ JMG - If you're expecting to pay half price + cashback, then your expectations are too high. Plusnet would soon be out of business if they were to offer these kinds of deals to everyone.

I'm not. But neither do I expect to be paying more than other companies while I sit watching the newcomers get good deals. Basically, loyalty does not pay.
AndyH
Grafter

How much are you paying now then and with which other companies are you comparing to?
johnmglen
Grafter

I'm sure I just said that I'm not willing to have my monthly billing arrangements dissected on here......
jim:quote