cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus Net Connection timing...

edaruffo

Plus Net Connection timing...

Called, signed up, paid my payment, assured broadband would be turned on this Saturday morning, activation site says it won't be on until the 28th.  What gives?  Is this the norm?
15 REPLIES 15
geewizz
Grafter

Re: Lies! Lies! All lies!

Yes, we quite often see people posting a little bit of information and expecting a reply that makes sense.
Do you fancy fleshing it out a little bit and then we could maybe have a meaningful discussion? Smiley
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

We're going to miss you Geewizz  Grin
edaruffo

Well, not sure what else there is to know.  Got on the phone with sales, processed an order for broadband at my flat in Canary Wharf, gave all the required information, had my phone line checked, all is well.  Final question was when will my broadband account be activated at my flat, answer was no later than Saturday morning.  Just to be sure, I asked for a probability, was given the answer that for sure, by Saturday morning.  Hoping that it is on Saturday, and the activation wizard paints a worse-case scenario.  Am I missing any key data points?
geewizz
Grafter

What package did you order?
Was there an active BT line already in the flat? Are you just changing ISP or is this a new activation?
Does the activation ticket have any information about what the problem is and why the date has changed?
edaruffo

There is an active BT line in the flat, it's a new broadband connection (no previous broadband in my name, but there has been broadband here before).  I ordered the monthly 30GB package.  And through the activation wizard, there is no additional information.  However, all of this information was given to the salesman who took my order, prior to his assurance that the BB connection will be activated on Saturday. 
This is a rant - this is not the end of the world, but as any of us know, living without internet at home is a real drag...  thanks for your response, but believe my only recourse is to wait another weekend before I can skype my kids back in Tokyo. 
Again, thanks...
geewizz
Grafter

I wonder if the previous connection wasn't terminated properly and that's what is causing the hold up?
Yes, you're right, it is a real drag being without internet and I'm sorry that you're unable to get the promised activation date.
with any luck a plusnet staff member will spot this thread and have a litle dig around for you to see if they can shed a bit of light on it.
I hope you at least get an explanation of what went wrong and maybe even a forwarding of the activation.
Good luck.
Mark
Grafter

Hi there edaruffo and welcome to the forums.
I'm really sorry that we havent met your expectations on this one. I'm at home right now but i will get this looked into in the morning and get you an update and explaination as to where we are and what has happened.
Clearly there has been a problem and I want to ensure that we put that right.
We'll be in touch tomorow and we'll also update this thread.
As a quick question, did you pay by DD and card or just DD?
One thing I will add. We pride ourselves on being open and honest. Lies are not tolerated in our business. We may get the odd thing wrong sometimes but we will not lie to customers. If it happened it would be dealt with very severely.
I look forward to getting this one sorted for you.
Mark

techguy
Grafter

Geez, I'm sure you've made a mistake or two in your life (personal and professional), I know I have.
You've made a good choice with PN (I've used a fair few ISPs over the past 7 years since I got online and PN are the best bar none from both a customer service and a technical perspective (fastest network I have used) so give 'em a chance.
I assure you that once you are online you wont regret your choice.
For the record I have never heard of a connection being activated or migrated on a weekend so the sales person may have just been calculating 10 days from the day you called (if you did not make the first payment with a card it delays the activation because they have to wait for notificiation of activation of the DD from your bank whereas card authorisation is done automatically when you complete the order)
mal0z
Grafter

Quote from: techguy

For the record I have never heard of a connection being activated or migrated on a weekend

One of the two accounts I set recently had an activation date of Saturday morning - so presume BT technicians do this work on a Saturday ?.
But as it turned out - they did it two days early.
techguy
Grafter

Perhaps I should rephrase.
I've never had a migration or activation done on a Saturday
Not really asked others as its a bit of a boring subject  Smiley
The overall point I was trying to make was I thought the OP was being a tad harsh on the good folks at PN and the poor soul that took the call.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: techguy
I thought the OP was being a tad harsh

The topic title seems disproportionate to the problem, to put it mildly.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@edaruffo, I've just checked this for you. We paced your order on the 18th. Orders don't tend to make much progess at BT's side on the weekend though so it wasn't processed by them until the Monday after. The activation takes 5-7 working days and because of the unfortunate timing (the order spanning two weekends), your line isn't going to be activated until the 27th I'm afraid.
I'm sorry we failed to set your expectations properly however I'm sure it was a completely innocent mistake.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

edaruffo

All:
  Thanks for the timely replies, and again, this isn't the end of the world.  As for the title of the post, "Lies, Lies, All Lies!"  - it's a line from a movie, and more recently, it was a comical response made by a U.S. Congressman (Dan Rostenkowski) when he was clearly caught committing mail fraud.  Yup, if you're not familiar with the phrase, doesn't sound appropriate.  For achiving purposes, yes, I'll see if I can change the title. 
  Again, thanks for the kind responses,
Cheers,
Ed
Ianwild
Grafter

Re: Plus Net Connection timing...

Personally I quite liked the title, but then maybe that's cause I like to read a good rant, and I've seen the film. Cool
Ian