cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus Net Can't Find Me, Can't Connect Me.

Frustratedme

Plus Net Can't Find Me, Can't Connect Me.

After getting fed up with poor service from Sky, I decided to change my line, calls, and Broadband to Plus Net.  Checked online, great, I can have fibre in my area AND they had a special offer on.  So I tried to sign up.  Oh dear.

I don't have a house number, only a name, but they have spelt it wrong.  Every time I tried to correct it, their website threw me out and sent me back to the beginning again.  Eventually a Plus Net call agent rang me, so I told her the problem.

She told me she had fixed it (really?) but I can't have fibre!  I told her it is available on the checker, my next door neighbour has it and we're fed from the same pole.  No sorry, not available.  I gave up.

I checked again online - my house is still misspelt, and fibre is still available. But as soon as the spelling is corrected, fibre is not available.

So I haven't signed up with Plus Net.  If they can't get my address right, and they don't know whether I can have fibre or not, they are no better than Sky.

11 REPLIES 11
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: Plus Net Can't Find Me, Can't Connect Me.

Hi,

A warm welcome to the forums.  This is frustrating ... it is a not that uncommon issue and usually relates to BT's records being wrong (not the ISP's).

Try taking a look here - https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm?s_cid=ws_furls_adslchecker - just put your postcode in and see what address details BT WHOLESALE has on record for your address.  If your spelling does not match what is here, you are never going to be able to order.

To fix this the current tags owner (Sky) will need to get BT to fix the issue ... unless @Gandalf can apply some wizardry.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Frustratedme

The BT postcode checker identifies my address correctly.  I cannot understand why Plus Net cannot do it.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

The BT Wholesale checker provides the correct details. That does not mean that BT Openreach has the correct details.

I suggest that you send a PM to @Gandalf with your address and phone number details so that plusnet support can check out the backend systems.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there.

I agree with Townman. If you can PM me both your incorrect and correct address I can look into this.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Just to post back here @Frustratedme

Searching your correct address at www.dslchecker.bt.com brings up no records at all, but your incorrect address does.

When the sales adviser had "fixed it" it's likely they've added it as a new address via the signup journey at www.plus.net, but as DSL Checker doesn't recognise your correct address we won't be able to actually order broadband until the line is installed.

So there's 1 of 2 options. Either ask your current provider to submit an ORDI [OpenReach Data Integrity] robot to amend the records on the Openreach database. Or signup at the incorrect address and when the service is provided/you're online we'll then be able to submit the ORDI ourselves.

I hope this helps and makes sense?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@Gandalf,

The wording in this response seems inconsistent...

@Gandalf wrote:

Searching your incorrect address at www.dslchecker.bt.com brings up no records at all, but your correct address does.

... but as DSL Checker doesn't recognise your correct address we won't be able to actually order broadband until the line is installed.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Just edited my post Smiley

(I need a holiday)

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Anoush,

It seems like only a few weeks since you had one ... but you insisted in logging in here to help people through most of it.

Further observation ... this sounds like a new line install approach ... rather than taking over the existing line ... potentially giving rise to line / service termination fees?

but as DSL Checker doesn't recognise your correct address we won't be able to actually order broadband until the line is installed

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Yeah as it stands if place an order at the correct address, since there’s no records it’ll go to a new line install. I don’t recommend this option.

Ideally, the records need to be updated by the existing provider first. Or, we place the order at the “incorrect” address then amend records ourselves when complete.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Did this ever get resolved @Gandalf   Faulty or out of date BTOR / BTW  records causing serious grief for both customers and ISP's has become a BIG issue with Migrations; upgrades to Fibre etc yet seems to have little priority for resolution within BT.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Did this ever get resolved @Gandalf 

I never heard back from the OP.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet