Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pleased so far

kjpetrie
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Pleased so far

I have been on PN for just a few days, and so far am pleased with the results. Despite breaking all the rules by having my router plugged into an extension 20ft from the master socket I am so far seeing download speeds of 5-6 Mbps, which is ten times faster than I had with my previous ISP.
The router was really easy to set up using Firefox, and I even set it up for my old ISP for the last day I was with them and then again to PN when the switch took place!
I have also tested my old Speedtouch 330 on PN just to make sure it works, so I can use it for fault diagnosis purposes if I need to.
My Linux laptops have no trouble finding the wireless signal and connecting - again really easy.
I do wonder why PN specifies OS requirements when all that seems to be needed for set up is a computer with Ethernet or Wireless that can handle TCP/IP and a web browser to access the router. OK, so you can't help people with less common OSes set up the Ethernet side, but once that's done the rest is all the same.
Working well so far and I'm very pleased.
2 REPLIES 2
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Pleased so far

Happy to hear you are having a good experience so far and a warm welcome to the forum Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Pleased so far

kjpetrie,
A warm welcome from the staff here at PN too Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team