cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please please please sort this out plusnet

ddsabre2011
Grafter

Please please please sort this out plusnet

Hi folks here we go and unfortunately my first post is a complaint. I hope that someone higher up in Plusnet will take this moan onboard and sort it....
1.approached Plusnet for phone/broadband. gave 3 dates, had confirmation...no engineer. Rang up to get new date. new date given, no engineer arrived. 3rd date given and engineer came and fitted broadband line.
2.No home phone working!!! Plusnet said they wouldnt take phone onboard for a further two weeks ans as such wouldnt look into fault..rang previous supplier to motify fault, they said Plusnet have line and they didnt want anything to do with no Telephone services. great broadband but no phone...great!!!
3.engineer spotted up telegraph pole all of a sudden no dsl whatsover, line dead. rang up to notify and was told fault registered and would look into it. ( just get engineer to return and physically reconnect cable!!)
so my question is , bearing in mind that my go live date was 8/11/2011. can i get compensation for the two missed appointments broken by plustnet/open reach. if not then why not as I would have been charged £50 per visit to not comply?
secondly , if plusnet was supplying broadband to my property then how was it getting into my house if they didnt have the line?? How come prior to the 8th my telephone service was working and after the 8th it wasn`t? (plusnet involvement surely.)
thirdly ,why mess with something that was working fine? How long before somebody gets their act together and fixes all the issues?
Suppose it cant get any worse but not having a phone is bad enough, telling the kids theres no internet was a killer!!!
rant over, thanks for any assistance with this..
regards Richard.
4 REPLIES 4
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Please please please sort this out plusnet

were you by any chance with Sky or TalkTalk, that is the sort of game they cause,there are a lot of cases on this forum
And Welcome, a PN rep will probably pick this up in the morning
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI Richard,
As per our conversation I will look into this further for you and give you a call when I have more information,
Jojo Smiley
ddsabre2011
Grafter

Good news folks , im back up and running. Thank you Joanne for all your efforts regarding my problems. lets hope fingers crossed that some rogue engineer doesnt decide to come and physically disconect my cable from the top of the telegraph pole. thanks again for everything.... regards Richard.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Richard,
Great news, thanks for letting me know.
Jojo Smiley