cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please, please, please fulfil my broadband order!

hjcook66

Please, please, please fulfil my broadband order!

As a new customer, my phone line was activated on 17 March. My fibre broadband service is still not active after 5 days now. I've phoned customer service on numerous occasions to be told that the problem lies with Openreach and should be resolved today (21st March). At the time of writing no email, texts or any form of communication have been received advising of any update to my broadband order! There are currently 19 people waiting for online chat and a queue time in excess of 45 minutes for customer services line.
I really need this problem resolving as soon as possible. I'm a carer to a 4 year old boy who has autism and is NON VERBAL. His only means of communication is by his IPad apps. Please fulfil my broadband order Embarrassed
Thanks
11 REPLIES 11
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Please, please, please fulfil my broadband order!

Hi there,
I can see your order has been delayed due to a system problem with our suppliers.
They've been working to resolve this for us and we've been advised we should have an update for you tomorrow.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
hjcook66

Thanks for your response. I assume supplier means openreach?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

It does yes, Openreach are our supplier for phone and BT Wholesale for broadband.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
hjcook66

I look forward to an update tomorrow and live in hope that our internet access will be restored. If it's not rectified soon I must consider transferring to another ISP. I signed up to Plusnet following a recommendation. Really disappointed so far and annoyed that after 5 days we still have no internet access, despite advising that a disabled child is unable to communicate his needs without access to online apps!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

We've not been issues the update just yet but I will check again later today for you.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
hjcook66

Update - After being told yesterday an update on my broadband problem would be available at 9am, then 4pm today. Guess what, still no update until 3pm tomorrow. Starting to feel fobbed off, same story different day. I've been promised order closure within the next 24 hours so PLEASE CAN SOMEONE ENSURE THIS HAPPENS. No internet access is not an option for reasons already given!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

same story different day. I've been promised order closure within the next 24 hours

Unfortunately the information given is being relayed from our suppliers and has happened a number of times in a row now.
I'd like to take ownership of dealing with this for you.
I realise this may give the same impression but I will need to return to this tomorrow as I'll anticipate the need to speak to BT Wholesale at length to more this towards resolution for you.
With that in mind and with no intention to deliberately delay things I'll pick this up before 12pm tomorrow and get back to you straight after.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
hjcook66

Thank you Adam. Feel free to take ownership. I'm not an unreasonable person, I just desperately need internet access restoring. Any support you can offer to resolve this quickly will be gratefully received. Thanks again and look forward to tomorrow's update.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there,
I've just chased this up and unfortunately we need to get the order cancelled before we can raise a new one.
I've raised this as a matter of complaint as I believe we should have been advised this before now.
I'll handle getting the new order placed and will be in touch as soon as we have a due date.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
hjcook66

How long will a new order take to progress and activate? I've been waiting since 11 February since I placed my initial broadband order Sad
hjcook66

It is clear after 8 days that Plusnet are unable to fulfil my broadband order. As the service has not been provided, the contract I entered is null and void. My phone line and broadband will shortly be taken over by Virgin Media. Please refund £33.98 upfront fees that I paid for on 11th February, when the initial order that remains unfulfilled was placed!!!