cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please allow more than 3 open tickets

mapletree
Grafter

Please allow more than 3 open tickets

I can't raise a ticket at the moment because I already have three open tickets.  It glibly tells me to close one or go back.
I can't close two of them and the other issue is still ongoing.
Please remove this silly restriction.
12 REPLIES 12
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Please allow more than 3 open tickets

Hi there, two of them were tickets raised by us which by nature can only be closed by ourselves.
It looks like ticket 51433847 can be closed off (re the router delivery) let me know and I'll close that off.
Please remove this silly restriction.

We can't I'm afraid, the reason this is to stop multiple queries being raised about the same subject so I'm afraid we need to keep it in place for that reason. If you do find yourself in that situation again I'd advise contacting support directly or post on here so we can close any unnecessary tickets.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mapletree
Grafter

I can only see one open ticket on your account at present...

Yes, because it won't let me open another ticket!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry I think I edited my post just after you replied, if I can close off 51433847 that will let you open another if needed.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mapletree
Grafter

Yes.  You must have edited your post after I replied.
I can understand the reason for restricting the number of tickets.  However I suggest raising the limit or not counting tickets that are not really support requests and cannot be closed by the user anyway.
I did call support directly about the other issue but I didn't really want to spend ages on hold for a non-urgent issue.
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

I had this problem last week because I wanted to ask a question but couldn't because the support team had opened 3 tickets for the same reason. [Not sure why that was necessary].  In the end my question was answered on here and I believe it was then Matt that closed one of the tickets for me.
Wouldn't it possible to allow us to open at least 1 ticket if the support team have opened the others?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for your useful feedback on this, at the moment the limit is 3 whether they are raised internally or not. IMO I'd like it internally raised tickets aren't counted towards that.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mapletree
Grafter

And it might take some load off your telephone call centre.  It might be cheaper for PN to handle tickets raised on the web than phonecalls.
And I think both the other tickets could now be closed (51576792 too).
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I think both the other tickets could now be closed

Sorted.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
James
Grafter

Hi - I've made a request for this limit to be increased to 4.
I did this a couple of weeks ago, I'll see if I can find out if there are any updates.
mapletree
Grafter

@Adam, thanks for this.
@James, that would be an improvement although I think it would be better just not to count tickets raised by PN.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No worries, others have mentioned this issue before so I hope increasing the limit of open tickets is helpful.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Some considerable while back, I just posted a reply on a ticket I couldn't close asking CSC to close it, which was duly done  Smiley