cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone call from Plusnet

dnpark38
Rising Star

Phone call from Plusnet

Just had a phone call today from Plusnet wanting to talk to me about my account in the sort of manor was I getting the best value from them, but before he could talk needed to know my account Username to be able to access my details.    I was very careful as like most people these days always getting cold calls, I did get him to send me an e-mail and it does look genuine but the Scam e-mails we all get from Banks do.
Up shot was I closed the phone conversation as its best to be safe.
Now just wondering if others have had these calls from Plusnet and found them to be genuine can I ask you what Plusnet are about please?
As I'm midway in my 18 month tied in contract I'm surprised it can be amended in price, would they be trying to sell me more?
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/1476198475230638155-mini.png
3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Phone call from Plusnet

It's probably a genuine call. You could ask them to post a ticket on your account to confirm their identity.
If you don't have Plusnet TV, they might have offered a bundled deal to add that to your service possibly alongside an extension to your fibre broadband contract. Be wary that upload speeds might shrink to 2Mbps though.
David
dnpark38
Rising Star

Quote from: spraxyt
It's probably a genuine call. You could ask them to post a ticket on your account to confirm their identity.

Yes that is the form the e-mail took I referred to.
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/1476198475230638155-mini.png
kevinduke
Grafter

Just had the same call.
Refused to answer any of their questions as it was them calling me and I had no way of knowing.
They have however posted a ticket now.