Phone / broadband different activation days

Just got our home phone transferred today Smiley
Broadband due to be activated tomorrow Huh
Result: 36hrs without internet Cry
12 REPLIES 12
All4One
Grafter

Re: Phone / broadband different activation days

Have you spoken to Plusnet? Your order could be completed and might just need them to 'fix' it.
Also...let me add...awwww baby - 36 hours  Crazy
priceys

Lol, No, not spoken to PN, got stuff to do.
Keep telling myself "I can make it!'
Wondered if staggered activation days is common practice, seems a little on the numpty side.
All4One
Grafter

Don't whinge then if you have stuff to do...if you were that bothered, you'd call and maybe get some clarification or maybe even positive outcome... Crazy
Happened similarly to my parents new home, showed broadband due day after but they called same day as phone activated thinking broadband was to be working as well and they said it was due tomorrow but orders already completed and got them online.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Staggered is common but often the Fibre order is only placed after the telephone completes which means a gap with no broadband of over a week.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
priceys

Fair enough  Roll_eyes should be able to survive until tomorrow, but might just crack & give them a call later.
Any further delay would be a real problem though.
They do say "...you may experience a small amount of downtime as we switch your service..."
alegeek
Grafter

My migration back completed today, email came through at 5:30am saying that my phone order had completed.
Fibre had come over too but my account wasn't active, I reached out on Twitter and within about an hour the person covering Twitter had answered me a few times and activated my login! Only offline for a few hours.
The portal was saying my fibre would complete tomorrow, I'm now back at 80mbps and loving it Smiley
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@priceys - It looks like your fibre order is committed for today, so as soon as it completes and we receive notification from our suppliers, that side of the account should activate Smiley
I can't actually see anything on your account to suggest that we advised tomorrow as the completion date for your broadband though.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
priceys

@HarryB - thanks for looking, that would be awesome. Still says the 4th in the "order tracker", just excited I guess, tomorrow seems a long time to wait Cheesy
@alegeek - that's just bragging Wink hopefully I'll be doing the same soon
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Harry, i have a customer moving over next week from BT phone/broadband (adsl) , had email confirming phone on the 8th , broadband on the 9th .
Is there a particular reason , why these types of orders are not fully completing on the same day, as they have done for as long time now ?
Your request to transfer *********** to Plusnet is due to happen on 8/2/2016.

Your broadband order is now being processed. Your service is due to go live on 09/02/2016. Your order could complete any time on this date, up to midnight.

Kind regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

That does seem strange Huh I'll get it flagged up and try and find out why it seems to be adding a day there.
@I.T.Works - Would you mind pming me the customers username so I can check it and use it as an example if the same is happening with that one.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

PM sent , Harry can you let me know if the email dates are correct, or the broadband should activate the same day as the phone on the 8th ?
Kind regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

priceys

Hoorah, we're all systems go this morning.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Thank you all, you're clearly wizards  Wink