cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone being held hostage unfairly

Frustrated201

Phone being held hostage unfairly

I am in a very frustrating situation. Plusnet have locked a phone i had a sim only deal on but won't accept a payment as it has passed a certain date that I was not notified about. Apparently the debt has been passed on to a collections agency but I have not had any contact about this so I have no way of paying the bill. I tried to get the name of the company that handles debt collections but was told nothing.

When I tried to pay the bill it was two days after this arbitrary date that Plusnet failed to notify me was a deadline. Due to this I will no doubt now owe more money when I am already struggling. I tried to pay the bill but was informed there is nothing to do but wait until someone from the collections agency contacts me. This is incredibly unfair as I have been trying to pay this bill for a month now and have no way of doing it. All the while my phone is locked and useless because of non-payment. 

How is it not standard practise to notify someone about an upcoming change in circumstance? 

1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Phone being held hostage unfairly

Thanks for getting in touch @Frustrated201 

I'm sorry for the issues. Can you drop me a PM with the following detail so I can take a look into this for you?

+Your mobile number
+Your full name
+Your full address
+Are you the account holder?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet