cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone and broadband cut off in error by Plusnet. How do I get reconnected?

Paulie_Macc
Hooked

Phone and broadband cut off in error by Plusnet. How do I get reconnected?

Hi,

My broadband and phone services were disconnected yesterday mid contract without notice or my permission. Despite spending most of my time since trying to resolve this I am getting nowhere. Yesterday, I was told that starting a new contract would be the best/quickest way to get it fixed but now I'm stuck in the standard provisioning cycle/leadtimes and have been told that I will get a new phone number (which, of course, I don't want)?!

I have tried to speak to the provisioning team but have been cut off on 2 occasions and don't get any replies from the web "Help" messaging system or Twitter. I am at at loss how to just get my service up and running again.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Phone and broadband cut off in error by Plusnet. How do I get reconnected?

It's a plusnet created problem!  They need to try much harder to rectify their error including retention of your number.  Creating a new account is a quick fudge, but can create even further problems down track. Raise a complaint so that it gets escalated.@

SU Escalation

Superuser escalation

This topic has been escalated by one of the Superusers; please allow time for Plusnet to respond before commenting further.

Escalation does not imply progressing this matter will be given priority, nor that a different outcome will result.

Reason for escalation:  

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Paulie_Macc
Hooked

Thanks Maurice. Any ideas how I raise a complaint effectively? I have already four outstanding questions logged on the "Help Assistant" which their complaints process states is the way to raise a complaint in writing. I will add another comment stating that it is now a formal complaint but it feels like nobody is even reading them...

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Apologies for the delayed response - out and about using Tablet this morning and the battery died.

There is a link at the bottom of each Community page for the complaints procedure - here it is for convenience.

You should also consider reporting this problem to OFCOM  They do not intercede on individual cases, but do review all incidents to check for common areas where they may be required to intervene.

Hopefully this case will be picked up by senior staff and a better more appropriate action taken.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Paulie_Macc, your phone order has already been placed and I have responded on your ticket with the next steps to progress with this.

I'm sorry that a new number has been given, looking at this there shouldn't be an issue in retaining this though we will need to wait until the phone order completes before this can be arranged.

I've provided a more detailed response on your account, you can view this here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Paulie_Macc
Hooked

Thanks Lauren for the update.

And thanks again to Maurice for getting this to the attention of somebody who sounds like they know what they're talking about. Fingers crossed all will be sorted ASAP...

Paulie_Macc
Hooked

Morning Lauren,

So, my phone has been reconnected this morning Smiley

Please can you now escalate the provision of my broadband to get it back up and running ASAP? I don't need a new router. I'm perfectly capable of reconfiguring the existing one with my "new" username once you say that its ready to do so.

Thanks for your continued efforts.

Paul

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Morning Paulie_Macc, I'm glad the phone order has completed smoothly Smiley

I've picked this up and placed your Broadband order for you and updated the ticket.

In the meantime just get back to us if you have any further queries.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team