Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone and Internet down since Friday.

mrchdavid
Dabbler

Phone and Internet down since Friday.

Hi there,
I am both shocked and saddened in regards to the time a case has been opened to the time of the first update. How on earth can a BT company have to wait 5 days to get at least one update from BT???? Also when i called and informed the tech(who was very courteous and knowledgeable) that firstly I can only expect the FIRST update on Thursday. Secondly I was informed that the broadband was still working. 1 packet in as many minutes does not constitute a working service. That is a side issue that is not bothering me. The main fact is that a 5 day SLA without even one update is in place with Plusnet. I have kids and have now been told no phone till we can even give you an update on Thursday. I find this staggering.

Question 86721217 is now on hold until 12/06/14!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    amazing..... Huh
36 REPLIES 36
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: Phone and Internet down since Friday.

Hi,
Welcome to the forums.  PlusNET staff - Digital Care Team (DCT) - are not usually present on the forums at weekends, thus this issue will not get picked up before Monday.
You are thinking under a great misapprehension: BT is a large conglomerate, with different business groups working quite independently - by government direction.  Ofcom rules require that service retailers (resellers) - ISPs and CPs - such as PlusNET and BT Retail are treated (at arms length) by BT Wholesale on an equal footing as any other retailer.
BT Openreach provide the physical infrastructure - exchanges and wires - over the services they provide are sold by BT wholesale to resellers.
There are no special relationships, short cuts as your post suggested there should be between BT group members.  This would be considered anti-competitive and be jumped on from a great height by Ofcom.  Depending on which service is faulty, PN has to submit a fault report to BTw AFTER  verifying that there is no obvious end user equipment failure.  BTw then need to engage BTOR to actually get an engineer on site.  Remember these rules are set by government (possibly even the EU) via Ofcom, not the ISPs.  You might recall that the recent demands from Ofcom on BTOR to improve their service delivery cannot be enforced with out the gracious approval of some faceless unelected official in Brussels.
See http://ovum.com/2014/05/27/ofcom-pushes-for-improvements-in-customer-service-with-new-performance-ta...
All of Ofcom’s draft decisions have been submitted to the EC for review, and the regulator plans to pumblish final versions in June 2014.

Also http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2014/05/ofcom-force-bt-openreach-improve-uk-telecoms-quality-se...
The telecoms regulator has today pushed BTOpenreach, which maintains BT’s national phone and broadband network across the United Kingdom, to adopt new targets that aim to improve its quality of service by fostering faster installs, quicker repairs and making available more information about their performance to the public. Superfast broadband (FTTC) lines will also benefit from cheaper migrations and shorter contracts.
Ofcom’s draft decisions, which have been presented to the European Commission (EC) for final approval (expected by June 2014),

...yet more reasons requiring the UK to shirk the yoke of the EU if we are to see the improvements this country needs.
Hope your issue is soon resolved.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mrchdavid
Dabbler

Hi there
Thanks for the above mail. Smiley Really interesting. I must say that the relationship was totally different when I was with Sky broadband. There was never a 6 day first update rule. I had to many issues with the sky connection i had but I was never updated at least once a day. i still can't get it into my head that from a phone line hard down. my first update would be next Thursday!!!!!!!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

I do not disagree with you.  Hopefully DCT will provide a clear view of what is happening tomorrow.  Just sought to explain why it is not as simple as one bit of BT scratching the back of another bit.  It is all - by design - more difficult than it needs to be.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mrchdavid
Dabbler

i do understand. Again for me having a phone down for 6 days at least without an update is to me not acceptable. Also in the past as soon as BT get the fault they text updates. I am wondering what was so different with Sky.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi mrchdavid,
I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with the service.
I can appreciate that it's frustrating being without a service and we do aim to resolve them for you as quickly as possible. As it stands the earliest resolution time for the fault on your line to be fixed is set for 11/06/2014 by midnight. This time frame is provided by Openreach based on engineer availability (even if you don't require an internal visit) in your area. I'm sorry for any inconveniene caused. This will be monitored by our Faults team on Ticket: 86721217.
mrchdavid
Dabbler

Hi there,
Thanks for the update. Do you mean they will not even look at this issue until the 11th? That is ridiculous. So they basically have 6 days to do nothing. Do you have a different SLA than Sky broadband then? You must have. I used to be updated daily in regards to faults. I'm absolutely stunned  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi mrchdavid,
The fault was raised on Saturday and we are given the estimated resolution time by our suppliers. It may be that the fault is repaired sooner than this, however, the fault is only deemed out of SLA after the estimated repair time has passed. This means that if the fault isn't fixed by the ERT then we can chase this with our suppliers. Whilst it's within SLA we need to allow our suppliers the time to rectify the fault.
I'm sorry but I can't comment on SKY's SLA all I can say is that due to engineer availability the 11th is the estimated repair time.
mrchdavid
Dabbler

Thanks for the quick reply Smiley
mrchdavid
Dabbler

Hi there,
hHve their been any updates today?
cheers
Christian
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Christian,
There aren't any further updates at the moment. Any updates will be provided on the Ticket. If the fault hasn't been resolved by midnight tomorrow we can then chase this with our suppliers.
mrchdavid
Dabbler

If the phone and Internet have been down for this amount of time, do we get a rebate in any way?
cheers
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Yes, you'll receive a refund for the downtime once the fault is resolved.
mrchdavid
Dabbler

Hi there,
Do we know if this is now being worked?
Many Thanks  Smiley
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Christian,
From looking at the fault notes there should be an engineer present and working on a fix now so I should expect to see the service reinstated shortly.
If this isn't back up and running by the morning then please let us know so we can check on the status of the fault for you.

Thanks,
Adam C