cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Line fault

peat

Phone Line fault

I've been without the phone since openreach were at the lines down the road on 3-11-17 it's now 6-11-17, tried to contact the help support team but can only try by using the phone because the live chat's not working, so I'm looking to move providers. Has any one got any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Re: Phone Line fault

Hi,

A warm welcome to the forums.

What problem are you having using chat?  Does it report busy, not available or just apparently does not work?  If the latter have you got any software like add or pop up blockers which might interfere with normal,operation of normal software tools?

You could try the online phone fault troubleshooter which is usually ok automatically reporting external faults not requiring an engineer visit to the home.  If BTOR were not making as many foul ups such as yours, there would be  far fewer people swamping the call centre.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

peat

Hi 

thanks for the reply

tried the phone line trouble shoot just comes back oops there seems to be something wrong please contact  us then gives the phone number, great help when the phones not working.

As for the live chat it comes back unable to connect or directs me back to the phone number.

I've come to the conclusion I might simply go back too just the phone line, because we don't get mobile reception at a constant level

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

The phone line troubleshooting does have some known issues. There’s a 50-50 chance it has raised a fault report. Looking at your support tickets will indicate if it has. In the user portal, go to contact us, broadband, BUSINESS, existing customers, message, recent tickets ... or just use the link below.

@Gandalf - can you assist please?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,

I can see you spoke to one of my colleagues a short while ago and they've ensured this fault has been reported to Openreach. We'll provide updates here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=161528529

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.