cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pensioners without phoneline for weeks

Pathanworth

Pensioners without phoneline for weeks

I am trying to get my In-Laws Plus net service sorted. They have been without a phone line now since 25th March (Customer Services say it was reported on the 31st March. Either way three weeks.
Apart for Phone and Broadband (I found out last week when I asked why the In-Laws are not Skype-ing) they also rely on the phone line for their home security system.
An Engineer has been out to look at the equipment at their house and told nothing is wrong. When you phone plus net Customer services their records say there is nothing wrong. When my wife phones her Mother and father she gets someone completely different (A crossed line?)
I have tried Customer service four times now. Two times the service has be rude , unhelpful and 'can't be bothered' attitude. The other two, people have promised to call back and were helpful but never called back.
I have posted on Money Saving Expert to try and get further advice.
I am just in despair by the fact that anyone can be left without a phone line for three weeks let alone Pensioners. The Customer Service phoneline line has not helped at all and the attitude of the people that take the called just add to the frustartion and anger.
9 REPLIES 9
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Pensioners without phoneline for weeks

Quote from: Pathanworth
people have promised to call back and were helpful but never called back.
Quite probably didn't totally "engage brain" and called back on the bad line and got the wrong property!  Crazy
It's unlikely any staff will be around today, but hopefully will pick this up on Tuesday.
Meanwhile, just in case your forum ID links to a different account, raise a ticket on the account with the fault, explaining in detail what goes wrong and put the ticket number here.
x47c
Grafter

Oh dear.
Sounds like the problem is being mis-reported or mis-listed
The problem from what you say is a crossed line somewhere either on the line or in the exchange so the line is going to another phone
it is not a line fault per say and all tests on the line from plusnet's end will indeed record it as being OK - to wherever it goes.
How this occurred of course is another question
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Hi Pathanworth,
Welcome to the forums.  You will find other customers on here (such as myself) who in addition to PlusNet's Dugital Care team (DCT) - who work normal office hours - all try to assist with user's problems.
Sadly many of the more complex issues relate to the service provided by the UK monopoly phone wires provider - BT Openreach.  The nearest touch that PN has to these wires is the test interfaces provided by BTOR.  If wires are indeed crossed, this is not something which is going to be visible to PN.  That said, if you have received poor attitude from PN CS staff then DCT will check back to the call recordings and deal with such matters.
Is this forum identity linked to your in-law's PN account?  If not, are you able to log on to their PN account and obtain a support ticket (question) reference number?  Look here - http://www.plus.net/my.html?action=questions you might need to look at closed questions - this will help DCT identify the account.
Is there a dial tone on your in-laws line?  If yes, please dial 17070 and note the identifying number.  Can you please get your wife to ring the number, speak to the people who answer, explain the situation and ask them to dial 17070 to confirm they are on their own number.  See if you can get their number and dial that to see where it goes.
Test systems rely on the wires being correctly connected.  A few years back someone stole a number of underground cables, when these were replaced my line and that of the pub in the next village got switched / crossed over.  They got my calls and I got their's - there was no 'fault' showing anywhere both phones worked fine just in the wrong place, all of the automated testing systems reported both lines as ok.  I wonder if your in-laws have a similar problem.
Sometimes the BTOR engineers or possibly third party contractors are not the sharpest of people on out of the ordinary issues.  The more information you can provide (as suggested above) the more likely the right focus can be brought to bear on matters quickly.
Hope this is soon resolved for you.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Pathanworth

Quote from: HPsauce
people have promised to call back and were helpful but never called back.
Quite probably didn't totally "engage brain" and called back on the bad line and got the wrong property!  Crazy
It's unlikely any staff will be around today, but hopefully will pick this up on Tuesday.
Meanwhile, just in case your forum ID links to a different account, raise a ticket on the account with the fault, explaining in detail what goes wrong and put the ticket number here.

We left my mobile number. No call and we never moved out of range all evening Sad
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

We left my mobile number.
Ties in with my comment about someone at PN maybe not engaging brain.  Wink
The advice from Townman is very good and will help highlight where the problem is, if you can do any of those steps.
Presumably you have already tried calling the suspect line from several different phones to make sure the problem is at the receiving end.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi Pathanworth,
I'm really sorry for the problems that you've experienced with regards to the fault and for the level of customer care so far. With regards to the fault, I can see that a further engineers visit has been booked in for 23/04/2014 between 8am-1pm - so I'm confident we can get this sorted out for you.
Please do feel free to PM me with further details regarding the calls that you've made to us as you have mentioned that they weren't handled very well - if I can get detail on this, I'd be more than happy to get the calls listened to and feedback passed on as appropriate.
Pathanworth

Hi Chris,
Just PM'ed you
Pathanworth

Just to update everyone that once the forum team and the CEO were involved, the line was fixed in 24 hours. Well done to all involved.  Smiley
The lesson is to use the forum and avoid the Customer Services telephone team!
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Pathanworth,
Glad to hear that's been resolved for your in-laws!
Hope to see you around the Forums some more Smiley