cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pathetic Support - I'm looking elswhere

Milletr

Pathetic Support - I'm looking elswhere

Been with PlusNet for approx 5 years.
No problems with connection until 1 month ago.
Since then connection is breaking down every day (mainly at about 18.00)
Logged a support call and since then the level of support has been a joke.
They keep asking the same questions, I keep repeating the tests/answers, but they take no notice.
I only get a response when a call.
Earlier in the week I called to complain and got put through to "someone Senior" and was told he would get BT onto it.
No repsonse  - No new comments on ticket.
Just called again and was told that BT had not been contacted.
When I said that "that means the "someone senior" lied then. The response was "I guess so".
HAPPY TO TAKE ME MONEY - FIRST SIGN OF PROBLEMS - THEY DONT CARE.
I'm Off
14 REPLIES 14
James
Grafter

Re: Pathetic Support - I'm looking elswhere

Hi there,
I'm very sorry if you feel that you have been poorly treated.
I'm more than happy to take personal ownership of your fault if you would like me to.
I can see that your connection has been dropping a number of times.  Have you managed to try using the test socket as per the last reply from support on your fault ticket?  Please let me know and I'll do whatever I can to speed things up for you.
Milletr

I do not have a test socket. - Old House
FYI - I have told your support teams this every time.
I have tried every test apart from replacing router. I have told them I do not have a spare router and do not know anyone that I can use. They were not prepared to send a test router out. Im not prepared to buy an new just to see if that is the problem.
James
Grafter

Apologies - I must have missed that in the ticket.
I'm more than happy to send you a router for you to borrow if you don't mind waiting a couple of days for it  to arrive? (Whilst we don't have any test routers available, I can order a new one for you to try)
Milletr

OK - I'm prepared to give it try as long I get some commitment that if it proves not to be the issue, then you'll get BT out asap.
Will you send it to my house ?
fyi - The reason my discussion regarding not having a test master socket and no access to another router are not on the ticket trail, is because I discussed it on the phone with the support analyst who obviosuly decided it was not worth recording.
James
Grafter

Thank you - and apologies for the lack of documentation.
I've just ordered you a new router to test.  It should be with you in a couple of days.
The_10th
Grafter

Are you using your router on an extension or master socket, i.e. the main socket BT install normally?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

if you read the week old post just before yours, he has not got a master socket, nor have I but I do get a good signal.
PatNunn
Dabbler

Oh dear - same problem here - line drops, Plusnet take my money, refuse to give a refund and the service is shocking.  I'm broadcasting it as far and wide as I can - infact, have put off several people all ready - I hear o2 are the best these days.  Time to move I think after 8 years of loyalty - shocking - TRULY shocking!
James
Grafter

Hi there,
I've had a quick look at your ticket and can see that you've tried a fwew things, but there's been no updates from yourself since the 22nd until this morning.
I can see that you have still been getting disconnections in that time period (although your connection has now been up for over 24 hours).  I understand that your main complaint currently is the speed - because the connection is still dropping, your speed profile is yet to improve.
Can I ask if you have managed to try a new router at all?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

@PatNunn
I see from your other moan
I've updated them to say that the telephone line is now very crackly although the internet appears more stable and I have not received anything from support.

Have you reported this to your Phone supplier as that is more than likely the cause of your problem, taking it to O2 or Be of Tiscalli will not make any difference when you have a crackly phone line,  when you do report it dont mention broadband, it is not a broadband fault but can cause one
Milletr

Firstly and fairly, a thank you goes to Jameseh , I have received the new router and the line has pretty much stopped dropping.
Does see a bit strange that it was the router, as the line only seemed to drop in the evening. Still its working now.
If only your support teams were as supportive and responsive, plusnet would not get as much bad press.
I will stay for now and see how it goes.
Thanks to everyone for their comments
James
Grafter

Cheers - Might not be so strange that it was only happening in the evenings.  There's more noise present on telephone lines, which could mean that a router that wasn't working at 100% would throw a hisser and drop the connection.
Glad it's working now Smiley
PatNunn
Dabbler

I've taken out the BT phone and plugged in an old analogue one to see if that makes any difference.
The_10th
Grafter

Quote from: PatNunn
Oh dear - same problem here - line drops, Plusnet take my money, refuse to give a refund and the service is shocking.  I'm broadcasting it as far and wide as I can - infact, have put off several people all ready - I hear o2 are the best these days.  Time to move I think after 8 years of loyalty - shocking - TRULY shocking!

May be better if you start a new thread and run through some checks. First thing is do you run your router off an extension and try master socket (if you have one)?