cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page Transitions on Site

mathome
Dabbler

Page Transitions on Site

Just been on your site and that page transition where it looks like pages turning is REALLY irritating. Its slow and doesn't actually contribute anything to the customer experience. It appears to be there because a designer likes the look of it (rather like flash on most sites).
Can you make it so it doesn't take ages to run or crash the browser or just remove it.
10 REPLIES 10
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Page Transitions on Site

Can you give a link as I have never seen that on any of the pages I have been on - I would like to see what it does on my machine
mathome
Dabbler

Yep, its on the main page www.plus.net and mainly in the support/help sections where its most obviouse. It appears to be all AJAX'd up since its searching in the background for support toppics but its REALLY chuffin slow and annoying!
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I have gone through a few pages and they all seem to load quickly using Firefox 3.5 and IE8 - what is your connection speed as given here https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
mathome
Dabbler

Currently in work so its about 20mb/sec (2 x ADSL lines). Am running IE8 as well. Its just really irritating because it doesn't add anything to the site. It was fast to load and a really clean and easy to use site, that transition doesn't provide any benefit
Prolly too many apps open here, visual studio keeps having a fit on me for it. Maybe its just me but its a transition for transitions sake not a feature.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I currently have a lousy profile of 500 and download about 380 and it just looks like a normal go to a new page to me, the ownly moving bit is the road at the top which is a flash pic
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

In IE 8, Tools, Internet Options go to the Advanced tab.
Under Browsing deselect Enable Page Transitions
Does that sort it?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
mathome
Dabbler

Well it would yes. But I can't do that, I need basic transitions for my web apps, but thats just to remove the flicker.
Think its prolly just me but I don't believe in animation for animations sake.
Lurker
Grafter

I'm not seeing animations like you describe though - I've looked a couple of times.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Except that bit of flash at the top of the Plusnet home page. Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
mal0z
Grafter

The Flash panel used last Christmas was OTT and seemed to slow the page down considerably - I hope that isn't repeated this year.