cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PNs advert on BB

artmo
Aspiring Champion

Re: PNs advert on BB

Why would you want an advert to educate?  It's purpose is to sell product.  As for telling the truth an advertiser would be in serious trouble if he didn't.  If you find otherwise I suggest you report it to the ASA and they will deal with it.
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Adverts should at least educate about the product even if they otherwise insult the intelligence - look at almost any advert for beauty products and you will see outrageous claims made for quite ridiculously descibed  "magic pro-organic molecule V92" or suchlike, which these days they don't appear to have to substantiate.
The ASA used to be much stricter and their "objectives statement" suggests they still are, however; if the rules were strictly applied the commercial channels would no doubt go out of business.
baldrick
Grafter

Presumably PN think that this advert is representative of what their customers and potential customer's think is 'a bit of fun'. Funny? Really? Personally all it does is make me wonder whether it's time to change ISP.
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

I'm no prude by any means and as a Market 1 customer my first thoughts were the money could be better spent IMHO!
artmo
Aspiring Champion

@Mayfly, that's why I suggested in an earlier post that it would be good to hear from PN to try and understand their logic. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Perhaps the ad mentioned, and the sponsorship bumpers, neither of which I have seen, will put potential CBB subscribers off !
JayG
Pro

Just watched the last 20 minutes of CBB (rather than the clip posted earlier in this thread) and can only say I'm absolutely speechless!  Shocked
Not unable to type though  Roll_eyes - it just beggars belief that something that once upon a time was quite a novel programme idea has progressively been dumbed down to the point where surely it could only be found entertaining by someone in the early stages of recovering from a bodged lobotomy operation.
I've been a very satisfied PN customer over the past couple of years and am not about to do anything "drastic", but I just don't see how anyone could think that "Good, honest broadband from Yorkshire" could possibly benefit from being associated with this particular pile of you-know-what!  Sad
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

You do realise that you are the first poster to admit to actually watching it - is there a medal for that  Sad
JayG
Pro

Certainly hope not Jim!  Shocked
artmo
Aspiring Champion

You could get a pair of free tickets to the final Grin Grin
pierre_pierre
Grafter

a couple for you       
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Not me.  I could bump into you Cool
christmas
Aspiring Pro

Why would you want an advert to educate?  It's purpose is to sell product.

That's not always the case, adverts can be about educating people to the dangers of driving without a seatbelt or the consequences of driving whilst drunk.
Adverts can be used to impart information, currently there is a television advert showing the help someone stay alive whose heart has stopped. Although waking up to find Vinnie Jones over me going 'HA HA HA...' might send me into shock.
If a product is the brand leader and sales can't be boosted the adverts will be geared to confirming customers have made the right chose....a classic one being, 'BEANZ....MEANZ.....HEINZ'.
Labman
Dabbler

i think.. they should stop sponsoring big brother and give me my free international phone calls back...
The_10th
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
You do realise that you are the first poster to admit to actually watching it - is there a medal for that  Sad
  Grin
They have aimed this advert for a 'typical' BB viewer in my opinion and don't need to educate just need to plug the name Plusnet which they hope will stick in the mind - that is if anyone that watches BB has one!  Roll_eyes
Thanks for the link @Jelv (I think!) but very uncomfortable to watch regardless of the commercial drive - that has tainted the Plusnet name a little as if it wasn't enough being associated with BB of coarse (sic)! Wink