Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PNs advert on BB

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

PNs advert on BB

Just saw it and well, really?
Advert comprised of the main bloke sat in the BB chair with his father naked on his lap, with his crown jewel's pixelated with PN's logo on top.
So again really?
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
29 REPLIES 29
christmas
Aspiring Pro

Re: PNs advert on BB

Maybe the hidden message is that if you are a [censored] then PlusNet is for you.  Cheesy
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: Gus
Just saw it and well, really?
Advert comprised of the main bloke sat in the BB chair with his father naked on his lap, with his crown jewel's pixelated with PN's logo on top.
So again really?
You have really got to be joking - please say you are  Embarrassed
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

&index=4&feature=plcp
I wonder if C5 are complaining to Plusnet about them being the cause of the declining audience figures?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
artmo
Aspiring Champion

No Jim he's not Embarrassed  I saw it whilst channel hopping last night.
Perhaps Nick Rawlings should break cover and give us PN's rationale for these commercials.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Oh Jesus wept - have they no shame.
Do I as a moderator want to be associated with a company which peddles this sort of thing   Sad
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The idents are just meant as a bit of fun in between the program. Some people like them (we've had a good amount of positive feedback about them) and some people don't.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Oh! God - just think of these forums being populated by people who like that sort of thing.
/Goes away to study the rules to see if it possible to ban them all  Crazy
artmo
Aspiring Champion

@Chris, can you pass my suggestion to Nick Rawlings that he comes on here and let's us know the background to this situation?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@artmo
I'm not sure what else he's going to be able to tell you other than what I've already said, the idents are meant as some fun with the Joe character from our TV adverts.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Well PN there is having a laugh and then there is that advert.  I wasn't too bothered that you are supporting BB, but now if that is the mentality of it then I'm not.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

It fits well with the format of CBB although I'm not saying that's a good thing. Embarrassed
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
artmo
Aspiring Champion

@Chris, I'd like to know PN's take on the whole idea.  Why did they choose CBB to sponsor, will they repeat the sponsorship, is it working, what lessons have they learned etc.
Knock on Nick's door Chris and see if you can get him to come on the forum.

I used to work for a company that spent £10M a year on TV advertising and it was always interesting to hear form our creative team regarding the reasons behind the campaigns they launched for us.
randpwar
Grafter

I don’t watch BB and, thankfully, no-one else in our home does either so I would have been unaware of this ‘bit of fun’ had I not of seen this thread. I realise of course that humour like much else is very much personal taste so just to give a balanced view, my opinion of this ‘bit of fun’ is that it is utterly crass, lacks any sort of humour whatsoever, appeals, if to anything at all, to the lowest base of behaviour and is totally devoid of any redeeming qualities whatsoever; whoever ‘wrote’ this nauseating drivel deserves to be very proud indeed. Just my little opinion of course and others have the perfect right to compare it favourably to Shakespeare 
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

PN's role in the (BT) grand scheme of things is to supply broadband and telephone services to the mass market at a low price +
Most TV advertisers don't seem to believe they have any responsibility to either educate or even necessarily tell the truth =
PN's advert on BB.  Sad