cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN's old deferral system and installation fees.

Rikaitch
Grafter

PN's old deferral system and installation fees.

Just had an old friend who was looking for a cheap and reliable ISP. A few people recommended PN, and knowing how PN's sales team can normally swing anything, when she was told she'd have to pay £50 to install because her phone line wasn't enabled but was working. I told her she would probably be able to get it for free as long as she signed up for a fixed contract, 12 or 18 months. She came back and said it wasn't possible. So, she can't afford the £50 fee, so she's gone with Talk Talk instead (!). I wanted to know if the sales team are deliberately scaring people away with this fee, or just trying their luck? I've been with PN for 10 years, and when I joined they wanted £58.75 fee, something they also deferred. You'd think they'd have moved on in a decade.
3 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 5

Re: PN's old deferral system and installation fees.

When you say her Phone Line 'wasn't enabled but was working' do you mean there is a physical Phone Line in the premises and there is a Master Socket? Was there Dial Tone? If there was no Dial Tone then an engineer would be required to have the line reinstated.
Chris Pettitt
Cloud Environments Engineer
Rikaitch
Grafter

Chris: No, me neither. She can plug in a phone into a master socket, and has a faint hiss, but that's it. I'm guessing it was disconnected because of a previous tenant.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 5

Hmm, I had a friend that was in a similar position and had to pay the £49.99 to have the Phone Line all reconnected again. Unfortunately that is the fee that BT Openreach charge Plusnet and we have to pass that charge on.
Chris Pettitt
Cloud Environments Engineer