cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN's old deferral system and installation fees.

Rikaitch
Grafter

PN's old deferral system and installation fees.

Just had an old friend who was looking for a cheap and reliable ISP. A few people recommended PN, and knowing how PN's sales team can normally swing anything, when she was told she'd have to pay £50 to install because her phone line wasn't enabled but was working. I told her she would probably be able to get it for free as long as she signed up for a fixed contract, 12 or 18 months. She came back and said it wasn't possible. So, she can't afford the £50 fee, so she's gone with Talk Talk instead (!). I wanted to know if the sales team are deliberately scaring people away with this fee, or just trying their luck? I've been with PN for 10 years, and when I joined they wanted £58.75 fee, something they also deferred. You'd think they'd have moved on in a decade.
3 REPLIES 3
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: PN's old deferral system and installation fees.

When you say her Phone Line 'wasn't enabled but was working' do you mean there is a physical Phone Line in the premises and there is a Master Socket? Was there Dial Tone? If there was no Dial Tone then an engineer would be required to have the line reinstated.
Rikaitch
Grafter

Chris: No, me neither. She can plug in a phone into a master socket, and has a faint hiss, but that's it. I'm guessing it was disconnected because of a previous tenant.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hmm, I had a friend that was in a similar position and had to pay the £49.99 to have the Phone Line all reconnected again. Unfortunately that is the fee that BT Openreach charge Plusnet and we have to pass that charge on.