cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN and BT - exemplary service!

jkerr82508
Grafter

PN and BT - exemplary service!

This forum is overloaded with complaints and so to bring some balance, here's my experience.
Earlier this year I started experiencing regular line-drops, after years of having a fault-free connection. I went through all the tests that PN suggest and concluded that the problem had to be external to my premises. After a brief discussion in the Forum (to ensure that I hadn't overlooked anything) in the wee hours one Sunday morning I raised a fault (detailing all that I had done).
On the following Tuesday morning I received a call from PN to ask when it would be convenient for a technician to call. I said "any time" (I'm retired). Ten minutes later I received a call back to confirm an appointment for the following morning.
On that morning at about 9am the BT technician arrived. (He had called first to confirm that I was home.) As luck would have it, it seems that the fault had been a "common fault" that must have been fixed earlier that week. Nevertheless, he conducted all his line checks and replaced my ancient master socket with a modern one.
I'm now back to the reliable connection that I had before.
I could not have asked for better service from both PN and BT - and I never thought I'd ever say that about BT!
Jim
5 REPLIES 5
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: PN and BT - exemplary service!

well at least they have one satisfied customer  Wink
but as you say most  of the post,s here are of bad reports this must be the norm  Sad
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

On the contrary most satisfied customers don't flood the forum with praise.
In fact it's probably true to say most customers don't post on this forum and are not even members.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
jkerr82508
Grafter

I think it's just human nature. We all readily complain when something goes wrong, but forget to say thanks when things are done well.
Jim
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks a lot Jim,
It's true, you do need to take the rough with the smooth and It's always good to see positive feedback Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
john50
Grafter

Quote from: jkerr82508
and replaced my ancient master socket with a modern one.

Result,  a couple of years ago we had a BT engineer round via tiscali he took one look at my ancient master socket........shook his head then went to the cabinet down the road never to be seen again.........