Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN Advert.

FIXED
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: PN Advert.

Another ( blind sider ) on the 18month contract..... if you are not careful about when it starts... you may be liable to two price increases I.A.W. the T&C`s regarding "annual increase of r.p.i. " or whatever the current tasty is....

E.G... take up in Feb .... increase in April... current year.... and again April in the following year.... before the 18 month is up....  Angry

Mav
Fixes: 515

@shutter wrote:

@billnotben  It`s probably written in stone.... i.e. in the T&C`s that nobody ever reads, except the person/people who wrote them in the first place.

There should be a T&C commissioner somewhere in government. to make sure that T&C`s are simple and fair, in all aspects of trading.  Unfortunately, there is no such commissioner...

One thing to remember is that T&Cs cannot override consumer rights.

@gleneagles 

I'll leave it here as it certainly started off looking like feedback😉

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Plusnet (& others) like these 18 mth contracts because they clobber the many people who pay line rental in advance -- which is limited to 12 months. So you either pay full rate for the last six months of your 18 mth contract, or you renew your LR at 12 months and risk losing its second six months if you don't accept PN's renewal offer and move to another ISP.

For this reason I accept only 12 or 24 mth contracts. Whatever the deal PN's accounting system will screw it up anyway, requiring another half-hour call to PN's hard-working staff ...

MrAllen2021
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

I signed back up to Plusnet in early November after about 6 years with Talk Talk trying to translate their highly annoying Foreign call centres, after giving 30 days notice to TT on the 10th of October I finally went to PN for landline and Fibre, easy peasy set up and everything.

Do you see? Cheesy
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

@Baldrick1 wrote:

You can forget the golden hello gift card, which should be amortised over the contract length so works out at less than suggested.
Apart from that all I can do is speak from experience. I am currently on a 2 year contract negotiated by ringing the I’m thinking of leaving option and asking for a price match to a competitor. This compares very favourably with this offer.

Caveat Emptor.

Glad you got a good deal but it just seems random and down to whichever customer services operator you speak to.

As mentioned by @shutter why should customers have to go through that each time a contract ends ?

Hardly fair that one customer gets a better deal than another customer who gets the same service.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Fix

I’ll mark this topic as fixed as it did fix my problem in making me find an alternative ISP who offers various methods of contact if needed....but I accept they don’t have loads of awards like PN, just a good reputation and few complaints.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@Longliner wrote:

Plusnet (& others) like these 18 mth contracts because they clobber the many people who pay line rental in advance -- which is limited to 12 months. So you either pay full rate for the last six months of your 18 mth contract, or you renew your LR at 12 months and risk losing its second six months if you don't accept PN's renewal offer and move to another ISP.

That's now gone to the wall. Plusnet have stopped LRS.

What with this and their inflation clause I fear that I will also be heading for the exit when my current contract ends.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

@Baldrick1 wrote:

What with this and their inflation clause I fear that I will also be heading for the exit when my current contract ends.

You and quite a few others I suspect, @Baldrick1  - and not just Plusnet customers, either.

John
salmo
Rising Star

I think I will be another one heading out next month. I've had an email with a great renewal offer specially for me. It's 48% more than I'm paying at present. I will give customer options a call or two as usually the first call doesn't produce a decent offer but I think I will be heading to Now.  

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Seems to me the forum is well on its way to be populated by a majority of ex customers.

And who better to give plusnet feedback.