cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLUSNET - dreadful customer service, false/inaccurate stored information withserious implications

shakiratime

PLUSNET - dreadful customer service, false/inaccurate stored information withserious implications

As a respected and major property business Director my credit score has always been excellent with no exceptions. I was invited to try the Experian Credit Report and was horrified to note my credit score was actually 'Very Poor' !! This was due a catastrophic error made by PLUSNET which states I owe £595.00 for some mystery plusnet mobile account.

I have NEVER had a plusnet account of any kind or had any contact with Plusnet however they appear to have randomly added something to their records which potentially could have a major impact on me and our business reputation.

Calling plusnet customer services was just a joy ! - '[CSA Removed]' who eventually took my call and despite explaining the reason for my call asked for my ''account number/details' !! - explaining again I have NEVER had an account with plusnet therefore I have NO account details she abruptly advised she could no longer help as I had failed the security checks and hung up.

Clearly customer services isn't something plusnet have invested in which could explain why their adverts state they are the 'cheapest', it really all makes sense now !

I have gone back to Experian who will write to Plusnet but advise it could be at least 28 days before any response is received so in the interim it is unwise for me to apply for any kind of new credit facilities as these will be declined due to a 'very poor' credit score caused by plusnet's incompetence !!.

I have also written to plusnet and to the CEO Andy Baker however from reading other customer reviews it appears Mr Baker is also unconcerned with customer issues.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name removed as per Forum rules.

3 REPLIES 3
geek26
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: PLUSNET - dreadful customer service, false/inaccurate stored information withserious implication

Hi there,

Sorry to here about this issue I would advise that in this instance you submit a complaint to Plusnet in Writing you can find all the details you need here

James

alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: PLUSNET - dreadful customer service, false/inaccurate stored information withserious implication

Plusnet only launched its mobile product last month when it took over LIFE Mobile customers. When does the alleged debt date from? Were you a LIFE Mobile customer?

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Were you a LIFE mobile customer with them at any point? Do you also mind letting me know which number you called for investigation?

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet