Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P2P connection/speed issues.

earlysound
Dabbler

P2P connection/speed issues.

Hello Everyone,
I seem to be having an issue with download speeds via torrents between 12pm-8am I'm getting like 500-1mb download speeds and later on in the day when I get back from work and I start a new torrent after the other one has finished I'm getting around 10-18KB/s. I've got the correct ports forwarded and checked if they're open and they are and I've even had an IT Technician "friend of mine" to see if I'm doing something wrong.
I'm on the unlimited package and according to http://www.kitz.co.uk/isp/plusnet_shaping.htm I should be getting far higher speeds at these times and I'm not getting anywhere near it states. I've tried multiple torrents from multiple different websites, and even re-downloaded the torrent which i was getting 500-1mb/s and still it goes from 10-18KB/s
Can anyone please tell me whats happening?
5 REPLIES 5
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: P2P connection/speed issues.

are you looking at the correct chart/
zubel
Community Veteran

The rate limits are in KiloBITS per second.  Divide by 8 to get the download rate in Kilobytes per second..
And yup, your speeds seem about right.
B.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I think you are misunderstanding the first post - times are from midnight to 8.00am which according to the charts aren't rate limited but are classed as bronze http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/quality_broadband/traffic_prioritisation.shtml
zubel
Community Veteran

Quote from: earlysound
I seem to be having an issue with download speeds via torrents between 12pm-8am I'm getting like 500-1mb download speeds and later on in the day when I get back from work and I start a new torrent after the other one has finished I'm getting around 10-18KB/s.

Emphasis mine. By guessing that most people finish work around 5-6pm, that's when I figure the 'new torrent' is started..
B.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Good point - I  missed the inference  Embarrassed