Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over bandwidth allowance, now crawling - "Nothing can be done until next month"

Mewcenary
Grafter

Over bandwidth allowance, now crawling - "Nothing can be done until next month"

Hi,
Not very happy about this...
Ok, so I'm over my bandwidth allowance for (I think) the first time ever.  Connection drops to an absolute crawl.  So much for "normal web browsing will continue to work at broadband speeds".  I'm seeing about 15k/second if I'm lucky.
I know it is the traffic shaping, because as soon as midnight comes and we're into off-peak, whoooossshhh, off come the breaks.
I decide it is best I upgrade my account to Unlimited.  This goes through.  I'm happy, because it said on the traffic page that upgrading my account would sort out the problem.  But noooooo.... "Changes don't take effect until next billing date".  Rubbish.
I phone up, and apparently because I am on a legacy account currently, there is "nothing that can be done".  This is ridiculous.  Traffic shaping devices are not mystical boxes which can only be configured at the beginning of every month.
Sort it out, plus.net.  Don't advertise that upgrading is a panacea, or that you can add extra bandwidth, when it isn't true.  That's the message you gave me, and when I'm logged in you know full well that I'm on a legacy account.
1 REPLY 1
James
Grafter

Re: Over bandwidth allowance, now crawling - "Nothing can be done until next month"

Hi there,
The CallCentre have been asked to schedule all account changes on the new products onto the next billing date.
The reason for this is because it can confuse confuse with scheduled discounts vs pro rata product changes.
However, your account should be fine so I've moved you onto unlimited.  Please let me know if you have any problems.