cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outstanding tech support on ADSL line reliability - THANKS!

oxfordjonathan
Dabbler

Outstanding tech support on ADSL line reliability - THANKS!

Like many folk here, I've had issues with my ADSL line occasionally dropping its connection and then coming back up at a dramatically reduced rate, even though the sync speed is still as good as ever.  I got pretty frustrated with this, and of course had to go through the usual fandango of unplugging everything from the master socket and so forth.  After about three sessions with PN support like this, I came to the conclusion that my router, wiring and filters were definitely not to blame, and it was something to do with the exchange equipment setup.
So I sent a bunch of technical details to PN support, and got EXACTLY the kind of response I (as a techie myself) would hope to receive - thoughtful analysis, intelligent creative suggestions, and prompt action.  And now I have a line working really well, with impulse noise protection switched on, and my router's testing showing ZERO bit errors over a 15-minute BER test.
I guess a whiner might ask why BT's equipment at the exchange doesn't automatically sort that kind of thing out for itself, but the noise protection has added about 25ms delay to my ping time (I understand it's basically a form of interleaving) and that wouldn't suit everyone, so maybe that's the explanation.
But the point of all this is that I got truly outstanding support, both technically and at the customer service level: BIG thanks and kudos to the PN support team, especially Andrew who did the final fix.  World-class, and guaranteed to keep me loyal.
JB
[Moderator's note by Dick(Strat): CSA name removed to a hidden board as per the forum rules.]
2 REPLIES 2
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Outstanding tech support on ADSL line reliability - THANKS!

welcome to the forum
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Outstanding tech support on ADSL line reliability - THANKS!

Thanks very much indeed for that, I've ensured your feedback has been passed on Smiley Glad we impressed and hope we continue to do so.