cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Options for 60Gb + per month

JOC
Dabbler

Options for 60Gb + per month

Looking for advice please.  Ive posted to another thread - (Any possibility of a product comparable to Business Option 3, for consumers?) but no replies so am starting a new topic.
My family now get through way more than 60Gb per month and I am looking for a better option than paying £5 per 5GB. I'm on Plus net Extra Pro.
As I regulalrly work from home I am considering Business Option 3 which is uncapped, but has speed restrictions in place.  Unfortunately I am anable to reconcile the reproted usage categories to the speed restriction categories, so don't know if doing thsi would cause problems in the evenings.  For info my typical usage breakdown is:
Web 47%
Email 0%
Broadband phonecalls 3%
Gaming 2%
Streaming 19%
PlusNet FTP 0%
Peer-to-peer 2%
Usenet 1%
FTP (non PlusNet) 0%
Other 19%
The other option is perhaps to pay for a 2nd phone line and get a second adsl account on that?
The ideal option Plus Net  - would be for a premium consumer product with higher download capcity.  Like many others, I would be 'happy' to pay slightly more for such a service.
Ideas welcomed ?  Thanks.
11 REPLIES 11
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Options for 60Gb + per month

From recent threads the Unlimited package is still available if you have a good enough reason for it at a higher cost, a market one exchange it is £25.42 and on market 1and 2 £21.34.  It also has speed caps in place. To see the full speed caps via the Product Comparison tool http://usergroup.plus.net/prodcomp2.php
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
gofaster
Rising Star

Can you get Fibre?
Fibre Extra will give 120GB/month
ChrisL
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

We don't know what may be coming in the annual product refresh (due in April I think?), but with Netflix, smartTVs, etc, etc, I'd expect Plusnet to try and do something to boost usage limits. Might be worth a 'wait-and-see' if you can do something temporary in the meantime?
Chris
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi JOC,
I'm afraid all I can suggest is calling our customer options team on the standard support number (08004320200) and see what they can do for you as we don't offer any accounts with larger usage than 60GB.
Hope they're able to help.
JOC
Dabbler

Thanks for the replies.
i cant get fibre, so that option wont work.
I'll try customer support.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Please note,to get the best offers you specifically need to speak to customer options, that pretty much means calling in business hours on weekdays, hopefully they can offer something to suit your needs.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
JOC
Dabbler

Thanks for clarifying.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hope they're able to help, and sorry that we couldn't do anything directly from the above.
Labman
Dabbler

If he could get fibre the best thing todo would to deffonatly switch to virgin media, it probly works out about the same in cost but atleast u dont have a cap and they have proper usenet servers not like these fake plusnet txt only ones...  to have access to a free usenet service is worth £10 a month on its own..
Mark
Grafter

@Labman
You've made a number of posts recently which indicate a level of dissat with the service you;re receiving.
Having checked your account I can see no open tickets or issues raised with us.
If you;ve got a problem or a concern, we cant fix it until you tell us about it.
Let us know whats wrong and we'll attempt to address. I'd suggest posting to a thread of your own with details rather than using another's thread.
M
JOC
Dabbler

Thanks.
As I've said I cant get fibre so not much to go on there.