cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ooh bad news, Plusnet. You nearly won an award.

Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

Ooh bad news, Plusnet. You nearly won an award.

24 REPLIES 24
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Ooh bad news, Plusnet. You nearly won an award.

But but but Plusnet say that they have more satisfied customers than Sky. 

Yet Sky has only 7 complaints per 100,000 to Plusnet's 30. And last quarter Plusnet was only 23 so in 3 months complaints have increased by 30%.

Shocking reading but I guess most of us who frequent this forum are not in the slightest bit shocked.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

A lot of these so called awards are worthless anyway.

Like the multitudes of celebrity ones where they all pat each other on the back telling everyone what a fine job they're doing.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Dont Forget Plusnet will do you proud Lips_are_sealed

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
billnotben
Community Veteran

@rongtw wrote:

Plusnet will do you proud

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

So PN are the most complained about provider for fixed lines and 2nd only to BT for broadband.

What a shambles , PN are you actually doing anything to improve service levels??  as these result are just as bad as last time !!!.

Also more info here

PN instead of telling the world how great you are here  , why don't you also publish the Ofcom result there as well, to give a much more balanced view of how you perform? 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Interestingly, on Plusnet's how great we are page, the source for the data is given as: 

"Source: GfK Consumer Attitudes Tracker April 2016 – March 2017."

It would seem their crystal ball works rather better than their billing system...

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

We’re disappointed with these results as we want the best for our customers. We’re determined to improve and have been working on a number of changes to make this happen. We’re committed to doing our customers proud.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

cmon matty its christmas not april fools Wink 

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

@MattyC  PN have been promising to GET THERE all the 7  years i have been here Ticked_off

Has Anything changed ? Yes we got a new forum !

Phone call waits ,,,, Still the same

New Billing system ,,,, still waiting

Ticket wait times Huh   well they were removed as it was easier than actually fixing it

Employ more staff ?  well thats a strange one , we do see a few new names BUT they dont seam to last long and still advertising for more staff

and then did you read Jelvs post ?? https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/Why-I-have-left-Plusnet/td-p/1389353

So i have to ask Do any management actually listen to customer feedback ??  I Think NOT Lips_are_sealed

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

We’re disappointed with these results as we want the best for our customers. We’re determined to improve and have been working on a number of changes to make this happen. We’re committed to doing our customers proud.
Matty

@MattyC looking at the Q2 results here  which PN was 2nd for most complained for broadband and fixed line 

Today's Q3 results are even worse as you have stayed 2nd for broadband and now up to 1st for fixed lines.

So what ever is been done, is currently showing zero positive impact 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@MattyC,

I am sure that those of you in the customer service teams are trying hard to make things better ... the problem is whoever is steering the ship keeps steering for the rocks.

I know that you guys have better compasses and know where the rocks are; if given half a chance could also make a massive difference to customer perceptions.  The ship needs a new captain ... but we've said that here for a long time.  Sad thing is that many of the system guys who knew how to implement improvements have gone ... because no one listened to their "There's rocks over there, don't go in that direction, you'll sink the ship" warnings.

We know, you know what the issues ae, but because of "those right up there" you are not allowed to be honest about matters ... until there is honesty, nothing is going to get fixed.  There is no doubt that PlusNet have their own internal issues, but it really does not help that BT Openreach are still pouring alligators into your swamp whilst your own bosses are digging the swamp deeper and wider.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Top Management and ROSE TINTED GLASSES spring to mind Roll_eyes

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

@Townman

But those at the top have a different agenda and that is to make as much profit as possible for the company, how this is done hardly matters providing it's legal.

As I understand it PN have made increasing profits over the years with a increase in customers, providing the increase always exceeds those who leave then no problem.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
billnotben
Community Veteran

@gleneagles wrote:

@Townman

that is to make as much profit as possible for the company, how this is done hardly matters providing it's legal.

That's business for you.

Tell customers what they want to hear = more profits

Actually doing what customers want = less profits

It's a no brainer, in every sense, but don't expect to get any rewards for it.

Not something to teach the kids is it. Whatever you say your going to do just don't bother. Empty promises that's the way to get ahead in life.